Re: [aprsisce] Deep Colors and Fulfilling Shapes (Dev 2011/01/27 04:02)

  • Greg D
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2011
      Hi Lynn,

      I can also confirm that the new version appears to work on my ancient Linux box with the 16 bit display, under Wine.

      THANKS!

      Greg.

      (The noise you hear in the background is a special rectangular box being prepared for Xastir...)

      Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      Randy Love wrote:

      Yes, maps display correctly via RDP between the WinXP machine running ARPSIS32 and Vista accessing it via RDP.

      That is truly good news!  It was exactly the thing I thought it was, slamming raw 32 bits per pixel into a less-than-32 bits per pixel bitmap.  By using a device-independent bitmap (DIB), I get to force it to 32 bits and let the subsequent Bit/TransparentBlt do the color conversion.  That's tech-speak for "I fixed it".

      Thanks Lynn!

      You're welcome.  You weren't the only one with the issue, just the most recent.

      Are expecting a trip to Europe soon? Trying to get a reason for you being up till 4AM, other than love of your program, of course. ;)

      Actually, now that you mention it, we will be in Spain Feb 12 for my daughter's order's celebration of their Papal approval to be a brand new order.  Read all about it at http://www.zenit.org/article-37725?l=spanish (Spanish) or http://tinyurl.com/27jbx97 (Google Translate).

      They even have their own (Spanish) Wikipedia article already at http://tinyurl.com/495wsyh (GoogleTranslate version).

      That's not really why, I just seem to be driven to get the thing progressed.  And there's so many good ideas floating around in my brain that my fingers and the clock won't let come out fast enough.

      Randy
      WF5X