Re: [aprsisce] Self awareness feature request for /32

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
      On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      > That's the intent of the Red Dot.  Have you all read
      > http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/red-dot?

      No... never even knew there was a Red Dot...

      I need to get some time at home instead of on the road all the time. I
      also need to try running the program with a GPS and TNC attached. Hmm,
      I need to find time to get the latest version... I think I'm back 43
      versions already!

      > I'll think about what you all are asking, but currently I believe the
      > red dot is sufficient.

      Probably... sound like you have a circle of ambiguity, whereas dead
      reckoning uses the last known heading to create an arc of ambiguity.
      Because large deviations from the last heading will cause a new
      position report, you wouldn't assume that the station can possibly be
      too far left or right of the current projected path, and most
      certainly not behind.

      I really need to play more to see exactly what this program can do...
      I've pulled back the curtain and had a peek... I need to throw it open
      and have a really good look one day.