RE: [aprsisce] Re: Minor details.

    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 2, 2010
      I am curious what tiles others have that might be 256x256.

      The USGS tiles I have are all 200x200 and they don't play nicely along the edge of an UTM zone.

      Now if Lynn was willing to support an alternate tile sizes as well...

      Best regards,
      Fred

      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 5, 2010
        > >> I'm anxious to hear how expanding the Cycle Map tiles turns out

        > > It is pretty ugly on the areas without enough resolution. But hopefully
        > > that will only get better over time as more tiles become available.

        > Have you gone back to look at the areas in question again?

        I did a bit ago and there are new tiles! Totally awesome!

        > The Cycle Map tiles are created on demand. The whole world hasn't been
        > rendered at all resolutions. It requires that someone ask for the
        > tiles before they get rendered.

        Apparently my recent poking around stimulated the renderer!

        > On the OSM site, when you try to look
        > at an area that hasn't been rendered, that is all that is required to
        > request a tile be rendered. It looks like when you try to get a tile
        > with APRSISCE/32, that also creates a render request. I have lots of
        > tiles for my area. When I first looked at an area, the yellow circle
        > went out, then it went bezerk. However, after a bit, it settled down.

        I see the berserk yellow circle too. It seems to play havoc as I "drive"
        around.