Lots of beacons!

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
      Hi Lynn,

      I just look at APRS.FI for N7FMH-12. I pasted in what I found for the trip back from lunch. You can see how short the trip is online. There seems to be a lot of duplicates. It looks like it beaconed almost every 10 seconds. I did notice I still telemetry enabled so I will have to disable that. Out of curiosity, what telemetry can be sent?

      Thanks!

      Fred

      Just powered up at sandwich shop:
      2010-03-02 12:52:49 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175246h4229.38N/07116.29W=024/000/A=000151APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:53:00 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175257h4229.38N/07116.29W=354/000/A=000153APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:53:14 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175311h4229.38N/07116.29W=215/000/A=000160APRS Armada

      Travelling:
      2010-03-02 12:53:38 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175334h4229.36N/07116.29W=086/000/A=000153APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:54:54 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175451h4229.16N/071/A=000142APRS Armada [Invalid uncompressed location]

      Back at work:
      2010-03-02 12:55:27 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175524h4229.12N/07116.31W=163/003/A=000139APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:55:48 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175545h4229.12N/07116.31W=286/000/A=000156APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:56:08 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175605h4229.12N/07116.31W=216/000/A=000170APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:56:18 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175615h4229.12N/07116.31W=272/000/A=000171APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:56:48 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175645h4229.12N/07116.31W=164/000/A=000194APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:56:58 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175655h4229.12N/07116.31W=134/000/A=000198APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:57:07 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:<IGATE,MSG_CNT=0,LOC_CNT=1,DIR_CNT=0,RF_CNT=2
      2010-03-02 12:57:08 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175705h4229.12N/07116.31W=181/000/A=000206APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:57:18 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@175715h4229.12N/07116.31W=241/000/A=000214APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 12:59:45 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:T#002,255,48,48,0,0,10100000
      2010-03-02 13:00:07 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WB2OSZ-1,WIDE1*,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1JMC:@180003h4229.12N/07116.31W=274/000/A=000170 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:00:26 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180023h4229.12N/07116.31W=187/000/A=000191 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:00:58 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180055h4229.12N/07116.31W=086/000/A=000185 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:01:28 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180125h4229.12N/07116.31W=238/000/A=000160 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:03:59 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:T#002,255,48,48,0,0,10100000 [Duplicate telemetry sequence]
      2010-03-02 13:04:09 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180406h4229.12N/07116.31W=015/000/A=000115 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:04:20 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180417h4229.12N/07116.31W=194/000/A=000122 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:04:30 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180427h4229.12N/07116.31W=232/000/A=000229 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:04:40 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180437h4229.12N/07116.31W=034/000/A=000171 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:04:51 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WB2OSZ-1,WIDE1*,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180447h4229.12N/07116.31W=219/000/A=000mada
      2010-03-02 13:05:10 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180507h4229.12N/07116.31W=031/000/A=000131 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:05:20 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180517h4229.12N/07116.31W=217/000/A=000142 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:05:40 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180537h4229.12N/07116.31W=086/000/A=000237 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:05:50 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180547h4229.12N/07116.31W=210/000/A=000241 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:06:00 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180557h4229.12N/07116.31W=265/000/A=000248 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:06:10 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180607h4229.12N/07116.31W=164/000/A=000249 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:06:20 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180617h4229.12N/07116.31W=210/000/A=000093 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:06:40 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180637h4229.12N/0712 APRS Armada [Invalid uncompressed location]
      2010-03-02 13:06:52 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180649h4229.12N/07116.31W=012/000/A=000124 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:07:12 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180709h4229.12N/07116.31W=240/000/A=000138 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:07:32 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180729h4229.12N/07116.31W=004/000/A=000149 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:07:52 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180749h4229.12N/07116.31W=177/000/A=000141 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:08:14 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180811h4229.12N/07116.31W=143/000/A=000138 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:08:25 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180822h4229.12N/07116.31W=009/000/A=000135 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:08:36 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WB2OSZ-1,WIDE1*,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180832h4229.12N/07116.31W=182/000/A=000139 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:08:45 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:@180842h4229.12N/07116.31W=336/000/A=000151 APRS Armada
      2010-03-02 13:08:56 EST: N7FMH-12>APWW00,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,qAR,W1XM:<IGATE,CLOSED
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
        Your log file shows that the GPS is not sending any $GPGSV sentences
        which provide visibility to Satellites in View. That's what draws the
        bottom bar. I haven't studied the other sentences enough to see why the
        Fix is coming out No Fix though. That'll have to wait until after work
        tonight.

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
          Hi Lynn,

          That would be the GTRANS. it only sends RMC, GGA and GLL.

          Here is a quick breakdown of the three sentence provided by the GTRANS and the fields relating to a satellite fix.

          gpRMC:
          Field 2, Status, V = Navigation receiver warning (it is only been V or A, A when valid).

          gpGGA:
          Field 6, GPS Quality Indicator, 0 - fix not available, 1 - GPS fix, 2 - Differential GPS fix.
          Field 7, Number of satellites in view, 00 - 12.

          gpGLL:
          Field 6, Status A - Data Valid, V - Data Invalid.

          In case you are wondering why I put the GTRANS in the T2, it is because I didn't think I needed a second GPS in the vehicle. I may have to run a real GPS connected directly just to see how things look. Hmm, easier said than done.

          Thanks!

          Best regards,
          Fred