Weather

  • Mark Burfield
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 11, 2011
      Hi lynn upgraded to the latest dev version and noticed the weather stations are not displing any data on the map ie no temp no windspeed or direction.
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 11, 2011
        Win32 or WinMo?

        Are you zoomed in close enough that few enough stations are visible so
        as not to suppress labels?

        Do you have Screen / Labels / Weather checked?

        Is Screen / Labels / Callsign checked?

        Do the callsigns appear but not the weather data?

        What callsign-SSID are you running under so we can go out to see what's
        in your area?

        Or what weather station(s) do you think should be showing this data?

        Mark Burfield wrote:

        > Hi lynn upgraded to the latest dev version and noticed the weather
        > stations are not displing any data on the map ie no temp no windspeed
        > or direction.

      • Mark Burfield
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 11, 2011
          Hi lynn. im using win32 and zoomed out to 78.5 miles so i can see 4 stations in my area. I have screen labels and weather checked after checking to make sure they then re apeared and then 5 mins later vanished.

          I performed a system restart and there now there again quite happily. My ssid is MM1MPB.

          Mark Burfield wrote:

          > Hi lynn upgraded to the latest dev version and noticed the weather
          > stations are not displing any data on the map ie no temp no windspeed
          > or direction.

        • Steve D
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 11, 2011

            Running the latest Dev (32) and most stations appear to display OK for me, the ones that don’t, do not appear to be actually sending weather data.

            Steve

            G6UIM

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 11, 2011
              I'm looking at your area and there's lots of weather stations around you and they're all showing weather for me.

              When you say "system restart", was that all of Windows or just APRSIS32?

              Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - The hater of unexplained issues...

              PS.  Did you know it's cold outside your QTH?

              Mark Burfield wrote:

              > Hi lynn upgraded to the latest dev version and noticed the weather
              > stations are not displing any data on the map ie no temp no windspeed
              > or direction.

            • Mark Burfield

                Mark Burfield wrote:

                > Hi lynn upgraded to the latest dev version and noticed the weather
                > stations are not displing any data on the map ie no temp no windspeed
                > or direction.

              • tbanks204
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 23, 2011
                  If I may ask, How does one configure the weather add on in APRIS32? Thanks
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 23, 2011
                    It's not a weather add-on. It's just a supported feature.

                    In the newest version only...

                    Pan and zoom the map to center on the weather station's location

                    Configure / Objects / New Weather

                    Yes to configure weather object at screen center

                    Navigate to the location of the WxNow.txt (or equivelent) file. This
                    will be monitored by APRSISCE/32 for changes.

                    In the Object dialog:
                    Check Enabled
                    Set the name of the object
                    Check Station to get a "real" weather station (fromCall is station),
                    otherwise it is transmitted as an object
                    Set the polling interval. If new weather is available at that
                    interval, the object will transmit
                    Select Via -IS, Via RF or both
                    If sending via RF, specify the APRS path (WIDE2-1 for instance)
                    Click Accept

                    Done. If the WxNow.txt file has not been updated when the Interval
                    expires, APRSISCE/32 will continue to check every 30 seconds until an
                    update is available. The weather data inside doesn't need to change,
                    but the timestamp does.

                    tbanks204 wrote:
                    > If I may ask, How does one configure the weather add on in APRIS32? Thanks

                  • Teddy Banks
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 23, 2011

                      I don't really need to get this info this way but If I understand correctly, this won't get me weather Warnings from say, the National Weather service in Wichita, KS  ICT.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 23, 2011
                        If you Configure / NWS / New Office and put in ICT (assuming that's your NWS office code), then whenever alerts are injected into APRS-IS by Pete's WXSVR replacement (http://www.wa8lmf.net/aprs/AE5PL_Memo.htm) will do whatever you have additionally checked under Configure / NWS (namely Messages, Notify, and/or Popup).

                        The instructions below are to format and transmit weather measurement information from a LOCALLY operator weather station and make those weather observations available on APRS.

                        NWS is official weather alerts, Weather is weather measurements done by amateur radio operators and transported by APRS.

                        tbanks204 wrote:
                        > If I may ask, How does one configure the weather add on in APRIS32? Thanks

                      • Ramakrishnan K.A.
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 24, 2011
                          Sir,

                          How to connect with the program and from where to download the program
                          can i know sir of weather I mean

                          vu2kuc

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 24, 2011
                            The weather station as well as NWS alert support is built directly into
                            the latest version of APRSISCE/32. Simply look in the files section of
                            THIS Yahoo group. Follow the link at the bottom of this message and go
                            to the Files section to download the .ZIP file.

                            Please see also: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/initial-startup

                          • peterg7lja2003
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 2, 2011
                              How do you get the Weather data to be displayed on aprsis32 ?
                              using weather display software which works well with UI-view
                              thanks for taking time to read the msg
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 2, 2011
                                I'm not sure if you mean Weather readings or NWS Weather alerts.

                                For the former, select a weather station and bring up the Station's
                                information dialog for complete details.

                                Checking Screen / Labels / Weather will add current temp and wind
                                information to the station labels, provided that you have few enough
                                stations visible so as not to have such labels suppressed.

                                View / Symbols / Weather will show you just the weather stations you've
                                heard from.

                                Actual graphing of weather data over time is on the ToDo list for some
                                future version.

                                Configure / NWS... options open a whole new different can of worms for
                                the latter part of the initial uncertainty.

                                PS. I've run UI-View for about 1 week well over a year ago before
                                removing it in favor of writing APRSISCE/32 from a clean slate. You
                                have to describe to me what functions and data you're after, not just a
                                reference to something UI-View or Add-On related.

                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
                                  Hi,
                                  I have a weather station that I send data to CWOP and weatherbug. I would like to get some data to show on my Location so people can see it.it goes where aprs-is for windows is under me(aprsis32
                                  Thanks Pete

                                  > I'm not sure if you mean Weather readings or NWS Weather alerts.
                                  >
                                  > For the former, select a weather station and bring up the Station's
                                  > information dialog for complete details.
                                  >
                                  > Checking Screen / Labels / Weather will add current temp and wind
                                  > information to the station labels, provided that you have few enough
                                  > stations visible so as not to have such labels suppressed.
                                  >
                                  > View / Symbols / Weather will show you just the weather stations you've
                                  > heard from.
                                  >
                                  > Actual graphing of weather data over time is on the ToDo list for some
                                  > future version.
                                  >
                                  > Configure / NWS... options open a whole new different can of worms for
                                  > the latter part of the initial uncertainty.

                                  > PS. I've run UI-View for about 1 week well over a year ago before
                                  > removing it in favor of writing APRSISCE/32 from a clean slate. You
                                  > have to describe to me what functions and data you're after, not just a
                                  > reference to something UI-View or Add-On related.
                                  >
                                  > On 2/2/2011 10:53 AM, peterg7lja2003 wrote:
                                  > > How do you get the Weather data to be displayed on aprsis32 ?
                                  > > using weather display software which works well with UI-view
                                  > > thanks for taking time to read the msg

                                • William Lower WX9RUB
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Mar 8, 2013
                                    Im iterested in setting up a weather station but I like the peet brothers system and need to know will it still connect to the TMD-710 it uswed to then amateur radio supplers quit selling peet brothers and they don't recommend it either sounds like something happened if any one can tell me if there still compatable it would help me a lot

                                    WX9RUB- William D. Lower
                                    IN God I Trust in
                                    Jesus I Believe
                                    Advanced Mobile Weather Spotter