Ui-view features

  • Robin Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hi Lynn,
      probably the most features I use in ui-view are Igate TX and RX, digipeater and the maps.
      Cheers,
      Robin.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
        Robin Williams wrote:
        > probably the most features I use in ui-view are Igate TX and RX,
        > digipeater and the maps.

        Thanks, IGate TX is in the 2010/03/01 release from last night. A future
        release will make it both configurable by interface as well as gating
        messages only to the RF interface on which the station was "recently"
        heard "local".

        Digipeater will be a while yet. I'll add it to the list, although I
        knew I'd be needing it sometime. It may turn out to be sooner than
        later now that I've done the 3rd party path mucking for message
        IGating. I believe I now understand how to do the WIDEn-N insertion,
        decrement, and usage.

        UI-View maps are coming!

        Thanks for the feedback so I know what to focus the development effort on.

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

        > Cheers,
        > Robin.

      • Bradley Haney
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
          Great. Only issue I am having. Which I am sure its me is. I can not get the map to follow my car on the map. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong

          Sent from my BlackBerry®

          From: "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh" <kj4erj@...>
          Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:47:01 -0500
          To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Ui-view features

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2010
            Download the latest version (2010/03/01). The bottom of the circle will
            show "S" when it is center-tracking your station. If it doesn't say
            that, use the new "Screen / Tracking / ME" option to restore
            center-tracking to "Me".

            You might also want to use "Screen / Tracking / Locked" to prevent
            inadvertent screen drags from disconnecting the center track. The only
            drawback with "Locked" is that if you DO drag the screen somewhere to
            look at something, the next position update (local GPS for Me or remote
            station update for Tracking(xxxxxx-n)) will yank the map back to center
            on that position.