Re: APRSISCE and OpenTracker2

  • Broncus
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hi Craig,

      I don't think so. I was able to send myself two emails today without going anywhere to sign up, etc. It didn't seem to work in TEXT mode but i would have to try that again to be sure.

      To receive messages through APRS beyond my local area (within radio earshot) teh message does have to pass through an I-Gate. The I-Gate does have to be configured to pass IS to RF messages. One of the local operators will not configure his machine to do that. So it will be handled a different way.

      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 5, 2010
        > >> I'm anxious to hear how expanding the Cycle Map tiles turns out

        > > It is pretty ugly on the areas without enough resolution. But hopefully
        > > that will only get better over time as more tiles become available.

        > Have you gone back to look at the areas in question again?

        I did a bit ago and there are new tiles! Totally awesome!

        > The Cycle Map tiles are created on demand. The whole world hasn't been
        > rendered at all resolutions. It requires that someone ask for the
        > tiles before they get rendered.

        Apparently my recent poking around stimulated the renderer!

        > On the OSM site, when you try to look
        > at an area that hasn't been rendered, that is all that is required to
        > request a tile be rendered. It looks like when you try to get a tile
        > with APRSISCE/32, that also creates a render request. I have lots of
        > tiles for my area. When I first looked at an area, the yellow circle
        > went out, then it went bezerk. However, after a bit, it settled down.

        I see the berserk yellow circle too. It seems to play havoc as I "drive"
        around.