APRSISCE and OpenTracker2

    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hi Lynn,,

      I am running a Tracker2 mainly as a tracker in my vehicle. Prior to APRSISCE, I used SmartPalm running on a Palm M130. With SmartPalm, it left the Tracker2 Settings alone and I used it mainly to see other traffic and send an occasionally message. With an acquisition of a laptop, I am now running APRSISCE.

      I had TEXT enabled and could see other stations appear and such but sending a message (EMAIL) never seemed to work. At lunch I re-configured the T2 and APRSISCE for KISS and the messaging worked. I did notice that it kept trying to send. I only know it worked because when I got back to my office, I had each email I sent myself.

      I have set APRSISCE to N7FMH-1 while the OT2 is N7FMH-9. Should they be different? Both are appearing on APRS.FI.

      My intention is for the T2 to operate with or without the laptop connected so all the settings in it need to stay intact. Can I expect this?

      Thanks!

      Best regards,
      Fred
      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 5, 2010
        > >> I'm anxious to hear how expanding the Cycle Map tiles turns out

        > > It is pretty ugly on the areas without enough resolution. But hopefully
        > > that will only get better over time as more tiles become available.

        > Have you gone back to look at the areas in question again?

        I did a bit ago and there are new tiles! Totally awesome!

        > The Cycle Map tiles are created on demand. The whole world hasn't been
        > rendered at all resolutions. It requires that someone ask for the
        > tiles before they get rendered.

        Apparently my recent poking around stimulated the renderer!

        > On the OSM site, when you try to look
        > at an area that hasn't been rendered, that is all that is required to
        > request a tile be rendered. It looks like when you try to get a tile
        > with APRSISCE/32, that also creates a render request. I have lots of
        > tiles for my area. When I first looked at an area, the yellow circle
        > went out, then it went bezerk. However, after a bit, it settled down.

        I see the berserk yellow circle too. It seems to play havoc as I "drive"
        around.