Re: [aprsisce] Re: Need help

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 28, 2010
      jandgandjochem wrote:
      > Hooray, it worked. I should have noticed those two locations to be changed before but didn't.

      Fantastic! I hope the rest of the program's operation are much smoother
      than that one was!

      > Perhaps putting some text in the XML file such as: Here is where you change your coordinates.

      I'm planning better. A right-click pop-up menu option that says "Move
      Me To HERE"!

      > Anyway, thank you very much for your help. Great to see it working now.
      >
      > Hope to contribute with suggestions in the future if I may,

      Absolutely. I value all input from users. If you read through the ToDo
      list, you'll even see that I credit the suggestor when I remember who it
      was!

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      > Kind regards,
      > Gerard
      > VK2JNG
      >

      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh" <kj4erj@...> wrote:
      >
      >> You need to edit the <Latitude> and <Longitude> tags that should be
      >> between the <Orientation> and <APRSPort> tags. The other two that you
      >> mentioned are only for restoring various map view later. This would
      >> explain the problem getting your laptop out of Africa.
      >>
      >> If that doesn't work, please e-mail me your .XML file and I'll see what
      >> else might be going worng.
      >>
      >> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
      >>
      >> jandgandjochem wrote:
      >>
      >>> Thanks again for your help.
      >>>
      >>> I still cannot get my laptop to show on the map correctly.
      >>>
      >>> Tried correcting the lattitude and longitude in the XML file as you advised but the laptop symbol keeps staying in west Africa whereas I am in Australia.
      >>>
      >>> Everything else appears to be working fine. All other stations including my 2 TM-d710s are showing correctly on the map.
      >>>

      >>> Guess my next question is: In the XML file should I edit the coordinates under "Center lattitude and Center Logitude" or under Prefered lattitude and Prefered logitude or both?
      >>>

      >>> As said, all else seems to work. I am on the T2Texas status page, can send messages from laptop to 710 and back.
      >>>

      >>> I think we are almost there but not quite yet.
      >>>
      >>> Thanks so much. This program is great to use and I am starting to like it a lot.
      >>>
      >>> Gerard
      >>> VK2JNG
      >>>
      >>> Laptop = VK2JNG-10
      >>> 710 (RV) = VK2JNG-12

    • kd8pgy@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 19 , May 30, 2012
        Could somebody please call me to hep set this programe up

        my cell is 1-906-285-4764
        Message 3 of 19 , May 30, 2012
          Have you looked at the WIKI yet?

          Start here:

          What the video one of the fine users have put together. That will get you well on your way.

          You will have questions I am sure. Ask them here. That way other new users will benefit.

          Message 4 of 19 , May 30, 2012
            If you follow the WIKI  http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/initial-startup and view the video.  Also, pay close attention to the location of the program (application) on Windows7 platforms (if that is what you have), you should be able to get it up and running.

            Key points:
            1. Do NOT put the application in "Program Files" on Win7
            2. Request password if you don't have one -> private e-mail to Lynn
            2. Copy correct version (mobile "ce" or desktop "32") onto your computer in the directory
                you will be using:
                  EXAMPLE: C:\HAM\APRSIS32
            3. Double click EXE file
                It will create a default XML setup file

            If you still have issues,  may be able to call this evening.
            906 area code -> what city?

            Robert Giuliano
            KB8RCO

            Message 5 of 19 , May 30, 2012
              Good point about Win7!

              When you request the password, your name and callsign are necessary! That is stated in bold letters at the bottom of the startup page.

              Message 6 of 19 , May 30, 2012
                OH, and one other GOTCHA!

                EXTRACT the file from the ZIP, don't try to double click the EXE file inside the ZIP as that will also cause issues you don't want to deal with!

                Robert Giuliano
                KB8RCO