Re: [aprsisce] Tracking a remote station

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
      On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      > That's supposed to be a TM superscript, like:

      Huh... The TM works on the first screen, but not the second...

      > One other possible reason it didn't work for you is that APRS-IS
      > is SeNsItIvE to the CaSe of callsigns.

      Yeah, that's it... can you put a case conversion routine in there for
      dummies like me? Hmm, I guess that won't work if you WANT to use mixed
      case. How about a warning to remind dummies like me?

      > If you entered W6GPS as the station to follow, it works.  If you enter
      > w6gps, you might wait forever for the station to update.   Unless APRSISCE/32
      > already knows about a station, it takes your cAse as what you typed, so be careful.
      >  The program can only give you what you ask for!

      Stupid program... give me what I want, not what I ask for!

      Oh man, I thought I had such a great addition to the program.... grr...

      Okay, I went back to looking for me, and then asked it to multitrack
      W6GPS. It should find him now. Hey look at that... it works!

      One thing that I think I noticed in the fray however was that I could
      not enter W6GPS as a station to track when I was already waiting for
      w6gps... I'll have to look again.