Free Or Not??

  • Jeffrey
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
      Is APRSIS free or not?? I believe trying it and running it for a short is free correct?? If it is free then why is there a counter counting down from 30mins?? If its not free how do I pay so I can have it take over my current I-GATE/DIGI running under UIVIEW32?

      Jeffrey
    • Mike Besemer (WM4B)
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011

        Free

        Is APRSIS free or not?? I believe trying it and running it for a short is free correct?? If it is free then why is there a counter counting down from 30mins?? If its not free how do I pay so I can have it take over my current I-GATE/DIGI running under UIVIEW32?

        Jeffrey

      • Steve D
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011

          It’s free. the countdown is the time until the next beacon is transmitted.

          Steve

          G6UIM

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
            Yes, it is free. And not just for a short time, it's free, free. See
            http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/screen-features for the countdown timer.

            Jeffrey wrote:
            > Is APRSIS free or not?? I believe trying it and running it for a short is free correct?? If it is free then why is there a counter counting down from 30mins?? If its not free how do I pay so I can have it take over my current I-GATE/DIGI running under UIVIEW32?
            >
            > Jeffrey

          • Jeffrey
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
              If its free why when I run it everything and everyone shows and later
              on it stops and only shows my station and knowone else showing up
              anymore??

              On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
              <kj4erj@...> wrote:
              > Yes, it is free.  And not just for a short time, it's free, free.  See
              > http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/screen-features for the countdown timer.

              > Jeffrey wrote:
              >> Is APRSIS free or not??  I believe trying it and running it for a short is free correct??   If it is free then why is there a counter counting down from 30mins??  If its not free how do I pay so I can have it take over my current I-GATE/DIGI running under UIVIEW32?
              >>
              >> Jeffrey

              MHCMG VE Testing 4th Saturday of every month!  For more info join

                                      APRS INFO
              N9MXT I-GATE/DIGI
              N9MXT-9 Mobile
              N9MXT-10 BASE

              73 de N9MXT
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
                Are there stations scrolling by on the left side?
                And you still have View / All checked, right?
                Are you using any RF interface, or only APRS-IS?
                What is the value in Configure / General / Range?
                And what callsign-SSID are you running under?

                Please e-mail your APRSIS32.XML file along with any APRSIS32*.LOG files
                to KJ4ERJ@... and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.
                These files should be in the directory containing APRSIS32.EXE.

                Jeffrey wrote:
                > If its free why when I run it everything and everyone shows and later
                > on it stops and only shows my station and knowone else showing up
                > anymore??
                >
                > On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
                > <kj4erj@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Yes, it is free. And not just for a short time, it's free, free. See
                >> http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/screen-features for the countdown timer.

                >> Jeffrey wrote:
                >>
                >>> Is APRSIS free or not?? I believe trying it and running it for a short is free correct?? If it is free then why is there a counter counting down from 30mins?? If its not free how do I pay so I can have it take over my current I-GATE/DIGI running under UIVIEW32?
                >>>
                >>> Jeffrey

              • Steve D
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011

                  I can only think there is a possible configuration issue. Or hardware issue.

                  If you want to contact me directly I will try and help out. My msn id is g6uim2@...

                  Steve

                  G6UIM

                  <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                  > Yes, it is free.  And not just for a short time, it's free, free.
                   See
                  > http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/screen-features
                  for the countdown timer.

                  > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for
                  Windows Mobile and Win32