Re: [aprsisce] Re: "A P R Spice"

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
      On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      >>Simplex Packet Information Communications Exchange.
      >>

      > If I go with APR-SPICE can I use that acronym?  I like it!

      There's a fee... I need a lifetime free subscription to all future
      releases of the program.

      I'd drop the APR prefix, and just call it SPICE, an APRS program for
      Windows 32 and CE.

    • ka0azs
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
        I like it!

        > James Ewen wrote:
        > >
        > > Hmm, just thinking about SPICE... Bob should have used that instead of
        > > APRS as his acronym, much easier to say than APRS. Simplex Packet
        > > Information Communications Exchange.
        > >

        > If I go with APR-SPICE can I use that acronym? I like it!

        > PS. And if anyone asks a year from now how did SISCE become SPICE, I'll
        > just remind them that programmer's aren't particularly known for their
        > spelling abilities. :)
        >

        > > James
        > > VE6SRV

      • Randy Love
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2, 2011
          On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Steve D <sbd64000@...> wrote:

          SPICE is also a circuit simulation program, but I doubt people would confuse the two

          Steve

          G6UIM

          Yep, I was thinking the same thing.
          Used it in college back in the late 80's.

          (Darn, just showed my age again!)

          Randy
          WF5X
        • Randy Love
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2011

            APRSISCE = A P R S eyes-see :)

            Because, "I spy" doesn't quite work with the 'CE' part...

            Just another way of looking at it.

            WF5X

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2011
              We use PSPICE here.