Re: [aprsisce] Re: "A P R Spice"

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
      James Ewen wrote:

      > Hmm, just thinking about SPICE... Bob should have used that instead of
      > APRS as his acronym, much easier to say than APRS. Simplex Packet
      > Information Communications Exchange.

      If I go with APR-SPICE can I use that acronym? I like it!

      PS. And if anyone asks a year from now how did SISCE become SPICE, I'll
      just remind them that programmer's aren't particularly known for their
      spelling abilities. :)

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
        On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
        <kj4erj@...> wrote:

        >>Simplex Packet Information Communications Exchange.
        >>

        > If I go with APR-SPICE can I use that acronym?  I like it!

        There's a fee... I need a lifetime free subscription to all future
        releases of the program.

        I'd drop the APR prefix, and just call it SPICE, an APRS program for
        Windows 32 and CE.

      • ka0azs
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
          I like it!

          > James Ewen wrote:
          > >
          > > Hmm, just thinking about SPICE... Bob should have used that instead of
          > > APRS as his acronym, much easier to say than APRS. Simplex Packet
          > > Information Communications Exchange.
          > >

          > If I go with APR-SPICE can I use that acronym? I like it!

          > PS. And if anyone asks a year from now how did SISCE become SPICE, I'll
          > just remind them that programmer's aren't particularly known for their
          > spelling abilities. :)
          >

          > > James
          > > VE6SRV

        • Randy Love
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2011
            On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Steve D <sbd64000@...> wrote:

            SPICE is also a circuit simulation program, but I doubt people would confuse the two

            Steve

            G6UIM

            Yep, I was thinking the same thing.
            Used it in college back in the late 80's.

            (Darn, just showed my age again!)

            Randy
            WF5X
          • Randy Love
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2, 2011

              APRSISCE = A P R S eyes-see :)

              Because, "I spy" doesn't quite work with the 'CE' part...

              Just another way of looking at it.

              WF5X

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2011
                We use PSPICE here.