RE: [aprsisce] Re: "A P R Spice"

  • Steve D
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011

      I was trying to think of what SPICE could stand for I like “Simplex Packet
      Information Communications Exchange.”

      Steve

      G6UIM

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
        James Ewen wrote:

        > Hmm, just thinking about SPICE... Bob should have used that instead of
        > APRS as his acronym, much easier to say than APRS. Simplex Packet
        > Information Communications Exchange.

        If I go with APR-SPICE can I use that acronym? I like it!

        PS. And if anyone asks a year from now how did SISCE become SPICE, I'll
        just remind them that programmer's aren't particularly known for their
        spelling abilities. :)

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
          On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
          <kj4erj@...> wrote:

          >>Simplex Packet Information Communications Exchange.
          >>

          > If I go with APR-SPICE can I use that acronym?  I like it!

          There's a fee... I need a lifetime free subscription to all future
          releases of the program.

          I'd drop the APR prefix, and just call it SPICE, an APRS program for
          Windows 32 and CE.

        • ka0azs
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
            I like it!

            > James Ewen wrote:
            > >
            > > Hmm, just thinking about SPICE... Bob should have used that instead of
            > > APRS as his acronym, much easier to say than APRS. Simplex Packet
            > > Information Communications Exchange.
            > >

            > If I go with APR-SPICE can I use that acronym? I like it!

            > PS. And if anyone asks a year from now how did SISCE become SPICE, I'll
            > just remind them that programmer's aren't particularly known for their
            > spelling abilities. :)
            >

            > > James
            > > VE6SRV

          • Randy Love
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2, 2011
              On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Steve D <sbd64000@...> wrote:

              SPICE is also a circuit simulation program, but I doubt people would confuse the two

              Steve

              G6UIM

              Yep, I was thinking the same thing.
              Used it in college back in the late 80's.

              (Darn, just showed my age again!)

              Randy
              WF5X
            • Randy Love
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 2, 2011

                APRSISCE = A P R S eyes-see :)

                Because, "I spy" doesn't quite work with the 'CE' part...

                Just another way of looking at it.

                WF5X

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 3, 2011
                  We use PSPICE here.