Re: Blocking your own ssid

  • w7boz
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2011
      Hi Lynn,
      I will turn the "NOGATE" off on the DX Cluster. Let me know when you get what you need and I can put "NOGATE or RFONLY" back in the path. Also I emailed you about the RESOURCE packets. They come from the same application.
      Kevin
      W7BOZ

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2011
        I'm still only seeing the original >RESORC packets that I posted the
        other day, not even in the raw packets of W7BOZ
        (http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=W7BOZ&limit=50&view=normal). Hm, do you
        have a way to capture the raw packets and send them to me?

        w7boz wrote:
        > Hi Lynn,
        > I will turn the "NOGATE" off on the DX Cluster. Let me know when you get what you need and I can put "NOGATE or RFONLY" back in the path. Also I emailed you about the RESOURCE packets. They come from the same application.
        > Kevin
        > W7BOZ

        >> I'm familiar with it and have not yet implemented either of them. They
        >> are on the list to complete the Igate function in APRSISCE/32, but I'm
        >> sure you're aware that there were discussions on one of the APRS lists a
        >> few months ago how those path elements are not guarantees of any sort of
        >> privacy or non-recording of APRS packets, but simply requests for the same.
        >>
        >> There was an individual asking for a way to delete a recorded track from
        >> "APRS" as well as a way to support tracking with a guarantee of
        >> non-recording of the transmitted information. He was informed of the
        >> "request" status of those path components and recommended that he not
        >> transmit (in the clear, as required by amateur rules) any information
        >> that he didn't want to come back to haunt him. (paraphrasing loosely
        >> his implied intent).
        >>
        >> Can you send me a copy of your DX cluster packets that are currently
        >> NOGATE? Or just take NOGATE off for a while and I'll capture them via
        >> APRS-IS. I'm trying to develop some viewer (and generator) of DX
        >> packets, but there's a positive dearth of documentation and samples out
        >> there.

        >> Kevin Bosworth - W7BOZ wrote:
        >>
        >>> Are you familiar with NOGATE and RFONLY used in the path? This tells
        >>> I-gates not too forward to IS. I use it with my Dx Cluster packets.
        >>> Kevin
        >>> W7boz
        >>>
        >>> Sent from my APRS HTC Mogul phone running Aprsisce.
        >>> http://aprs.fi/?call=w7boz-12

      • Kevin Bosworth - W7BOZ
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 2, 2011
          Lynn,
          I don't really have a way 2 capture them But running Winpack to monitor and capture all traffic. As soon as I get some data captured I will send it.
          Kevin

          Sent from my APRS HTC Mogul phone running Aprsisce. http://aprs.fi/?call=w7boz-12