RE: [aprsisce] listening to FTM-350R

  • Mike Besemer (WM4B)
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 31, 2010

      I looks like the GTRANS is working fine in Packet mode with the new GTRANS firmware I got from Argent.

      I now have a Y-Cable coming from the radio.  On segment goes to the Nuvi-350 via the GTRANS cable (Pin 2 on the Mini-DIN to Pin 5 on the DB9, Pin 7 on the Mini-DIN to Pin 2 on the DB9 and Pin 8 on the Mini-DIN to Pin 3 on the DB9).  The second segment feeds the computer serial Port (Pins 2 and 7 on the Mini-Din to Pins 5 and 2 on the DB9).

      Unfortunately, I can’t feed the Nuvi GPS data to the computer at the same time, but I guess if I follow WM4B-9 (my FTM-350 beacon) I should be ok.  I’d be nice to have the GPS data though.

      73,

      Mike

      WM4B