Re: [aprsisce] New User with a couple of comments.....

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2010
      Gary Sanders wrote:

      > I noticed that if I stopped and restarted the program, the data received
      > matched only the current filter setting. Does this imply that a
      > disconnection from the server, then a reconnection would reset the
      > filter setting? If so, would it be worthwhile to do that
      > programmatically after a user induced move of X distance? I suppose the
      > effort to "fix" it would have to be weighed against the results obtained
      > , considering that probably most people wouldn't be jumping around
      > viewing one location after another as I do on occasion, but rather
      > looking at their local area.

      You can force the APRS-IS server to disconnect and re-connect by
      toggling Enables / APRS-IS Enabled off then back on. I'll post a
      question on the javAPRSSrvr Yahoo group about this filter behavior.

      I run APRSISCE on my AT&T Tilt (HTC TyTN II) Windows Mobile phone 24x7
      with a normal filter of 100 miles radius. I routinely jump around to
      other APRS users and have not yet noticed an ill effects (or warnings)
      from my cellular provider.

      If you double-click on the "APRS OK" pane (I really need to name these
      things), it will give you a popup showing the APRS traffic since the
      client was started. It shows both packets and bytes, sent, received and
      total. For the OSM data, double-click an empty area on the map. If any
      tiles have been fetched, it will give the total count and sent,
      received, and total bytes involved in that data communications as well.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ