RE: [aprsisce] Not seeing OSM tiles in Windows XP

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 30, 2010
      Zzzzz!

      From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 19:08
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Not seeing OSM tiles in Windows XP

      Rest easy Fred, I made the leading zero change for just that purpose.
      It'll be a tile storage option for those that want shared tile repositories.

      Fred Hillhouse wrote:

      > Hi Lynn,
      >
      > "I'm
      actually leaning towards keeping the actual tiles all inside a single

      large container file or possibly one per zoom level."

      > The idea
      of containerizing them is nice but...

      > I am using the same OSM
      tiles for two programs currently, with possibly of a
      > third in a couple
      of weeks. If they are put in a single file, then your tile
      > containers
      become only useful to APRSIS32 and I will have two repositories
      > of the
      same thing.

      > I had used USAPhotoMaps in the past and the author
      containerized the tiles
      > he used. So for the same area, I had several
      sets of the same tiles for
      > different programs.
      >
      > I would
      rather deal with slow access rather than containerized tiles. Maybe
      > this
      is a place for the user to have options. Some can choose containers and

      some single files.

      > Best regards,

      Fred

      > Yahoo! Groups