TH-D7 XML File for KA0AZS-3

  • Randy Allen - KA0AZS
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 25, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 10 KB
    Lynn,

    Yahoo truncates your e-mail address and doesn't give me an attachment option, so I'm trying the address on the wiki page.

    Attached is my XML file I've been using to try to connect to the D-7. It was originally copied from the working XML file I use for my base station (using an MFJ 1270 in KISS mode).

    Thanks for your help and 73

    Randy

    Randy Allen, KA0AZS
    Message 2 of 5 , Dec 25, 2010
      Randy,

      Can you do the following sequence please?

      1) Make sure Enables / Logging / <YourPortName> is checked
      2) Make sure Enables / RF Ports / <YourPortName> is checked
      3) Close APRSIS32
      4) Make sure your D7 is powered up and in Packet mode
      5) Start APRSIS32
      6) Wait 2 minutes during which the D7 should switch to KISS, but I don't
      remember if it shows anything on the radio
      7) Close APRSIS32
      7.5) I think the D7 will actual exit Packet mode, but I'm not sure here
      either
      8) Email the APRSIS32.LOG file in the same directory as APRSIS32 to
      KJ4ERJ@...

      That should have better and complete log information that may yet help
      me figure out what's going on.

      I need to dig out the loaner D7 I have from AI4GK and see what this all
      looks like.

      Message 3 of 5 , Dec 25, 2010
        Randy,

        The APRSIS32.LOG file told me what I needed to know and went back to the
        XML to check a setting. Your problem with communicating to the D7 is
        that you have not checked Enables / RF Ports / All. This is a "master"
        enable/disable of all RF port. Even if an individual port is enabled,
        if All is not checked, all of them will be disabled. I couldn't see why
        the trace logs weren't showing any communications to the port, well the
        answer was easy once I saw the global enable wasn't enabled.

        Randy Allen - KA0AZS wrote:
        > Lynn,
        >
        > Yahoo truncates your e-mail address and doesn't give me an attachment option, so I'm trying the address on the wiki page.
        >
        > Attached is my XML file I've been using to try to connect to the D-7. It was originally copied from the working XML file I use for my base station (using an MFJ 1270 in KISS mode).
        >
        > Thanks for your help and 73
        >
        > Randy
        >
        > Randy Allen, KA0AZS

      • ka0azs
        Message 4 of 5 , Dec 25, 2010
          Lynn,

          That did it!

          http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?KA0AZS-3

          http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?call=KA0AZS-3

          I knew it had to be something stupid on my part.

          I really appreciate your time and patience.

          73 and than you for the Christmas Present!

          Randy

          Message 5 of 5 , Dec 27, 2010
            Lynn,

            To save you digging out the loaner D7 (if you haven't already) here are my observations

            <SNIP>
            > 4) Make sure your D7 is powered up and in Packet mode
            > 5) Start APRSIS32
            > 6) Wait 2 minutes during which the D7 should switch to KISS, but I >don't remember if it shows anything on the radio

            It did not that I could observe. The only indication is when I had the software configured properly was the red light for transmit when the software took control

            > 7) Close APRSIS32
            > 7.5) I think the D7 will actual exit Packet mode, but I'm not sure >here either

            Yes, it did. Went to No TNC mode. Have to cycle the TNC through APRS to PKT mode prior to restarting APRSIS

            > I need to dig out the loaner D7 I have from AI4GK and see what this >all looks like.

            Hopefully this saves you the trouble. Sorry I didn't send this right away but I had a new toy to play with when it all started working!;-)

            73
            Randy