Passing GPS thru same port

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2010
      Does anyone know how to pass the Garmin GPS hooked to the OT2m thru the
      splitter cable to APRSIS/32.

      Thanks
      Rick
    • John Magda
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 24, 2010

        Great question, I have a mobile set up with the alternate port set to APRSIS/32 coming off the splitter.  That works by mapping my position on the laptop, and gating to internet, but with that I use a GPS puck for the PC. Only pull APRS data through the splitter, not GPS data.

        To echo Rick, anyone else make that work?

        Thanks john -- kb4yfk (-14), Williamsburg VA

        http://www.kb4yfk.com:14439  (self promotion.. oops this one is still on uiv sorry lynn.)

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 24, 2010
          On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Rick <kd4dra@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know how to pass the Garmin GPS hooked to the OT2m thru the
          > splitter cable to APRSIS/32.

          Write your own firmware... the OT2 does not support GPS data pass
          through at this time.

          A better forum to ask this question is on the OT2 forum. There has
          been some discussion about it over there, and Scott was making some
          comments about wrapping GPS data inside KISS frames.

          If you make noise where Scott can see it, it may prompt him towards
          developing the capability.

          Go sit on Santa Scott's knee and ask for a Christmas present... (I
          think you might be late asking for delivery this year though!)

        • Rick Yahoo
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 24, 2010
            Thanks I'll post over there also
            As I type I'm waiting on the wife