Re: Yet Another New Release!

  • k2eng@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2010
      Hi Lynn,

      I had a chance to run the new version for an extended period today. Here are a couple things I have noticed:

      > Reversed the Zoom +/- behavior (no cheers, just beers (but I'm a
      > tea-totaler!))

      Thank you, and thanks for the option of changing it back! I did notice that the zoom, however, did take a bit longer on my phone to "catch-up" to my command to zoom in/out.

      > Remove GPS elements when disabled, User-toggle for satellites

      Works perfectly - gives it just a hair more map :)

      > Add Station Labels to the screen (user-toggle)

      LOVE THIS! Unfortunately my labels disappear after a couple of minutes, and the only way I can seem to get them back is to completely exit the prog. and re-launch it. The toggle on/off in the menu doesn't seem to turn it back on (unless of course there is something I'm doing wrong - perhaps a setting in xml?)

      > Recognize Yeasu's new FTM-350

      WORKS! I have someone in my area that has a 350 and had him show up the whole time. I will try the messaging as soon as I see him again. Unfortunately I was driving at the time and couldn't "text and drive".

      > Details for the APRS Messenger and RFID features will be >forthcoming as soon as I get the final kinks out of them.

      I read up on that and it looks very interesting. I can't wait for this.

      That's all I have so far. Thank you for all of you hard work and dedication to this project, and as another member said - thank you for taking the time to listen to suggestions and implement them so quickly.

      73,
      Jason, K2ENG
      Sprint Touch Pro 2 WM 6.1