Feature request

  • w7boz
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 12, 2010
      Hi Lynn,
      Something I would really like to see is the UI-View Add on of UI-Path implemented. Or aprs.fi has the same thing.... I really like to see where all the data paths are going. A nice little line going from point a to point b. Lets me see the network activity visualy. Plus it would be really great for the other features of UI-Path. Digipeater mapping, Webpage creation of paths etc. The main reason I stick with UI-View is the visual of UI-Path, and all of the other add ons that create web pages. See my site for ones I use.
      Thanks, Kevin

      http://www.qsl.net/w7boz
      And click on the Aprs main tab.
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 2, 2011
        Hi Lynn,
        I like the message option Send RF and Send IS, but want to also control the RF path and even be able to keep some RF messages out of IS.

        It would be real nice if the send message box had an editable path box. It would make it easy to send messages using different RF paths tailored to the recipient. If I wanted to send a RF message to someone that can receive the same Digi South of me, I could address it through that digi call rather than send it out in all directions.

        If I wanted to send an OT2 command message to an OT2 digi. I could send using a directed path like through Bogus ridge Digi, blocked from IS with RFONLY in the path. Something like: To:OT2DIG, Path Text box:BOGUS,RFONLY Text box: CMD TXDELAY 21.

        I like your software, thanks!
        Alan
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 3, 2011
          Added to the ToDo list. Have no idea when it'll be done though!

          Also, please remember that RFONLY and NOGATE are simply requests. Not
          all APRS software and hardware honor is, so anything you transmit, you
          must assume may make its way onto the Internet and/or be recorded and/or
          published by anyone that managed to receive it. It certainly is no
          guarantee of privacy or security, so IMHO, why bother? It's a false
          sense of security.

          PS. Honoring RFONLY and NOGATE are on the list for APRSISCE/32, but
          even when I get that implemented, the received packets will still be
          placed into trace log windows and *.PKT log files on whatever systems
          may have received it directly.

          Alan wrote:
          > Hi Lynn,
          > I like the message option Send RF and Send IS, but want to also control the RF path and even be able to keep some RF messages out of IS.
          >
          > It would be real nice if the send message box had an editable path box. It would make it easy to send messages using different RF paths tailored to the recipient. If I wanted to send a RF message to someone that can receive the same Digi South of me, I could address it through that digi call rather than send it out in all directions.
          >
          > If I wanted to send an OT2 command message to an OT2 digi. I could send using a directed path like through Bogus ridge Digi, blocked from IS with RFONLY in the path. Something like: To:OT2DIG, Path Text box:BOGUS,RFONLY Text box: CMD TXDELAY 21.
          >
          > I like your software, thanks!
          > Alan

        • Alan
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 8, 2011
            Thanks Lynn!

            While I'm begging for messaging features,
            Quite often I notice I made a mistake just after pressing the send button. An instant Kill message button on the message pop-up screen would be great to stop a wayward message.

            TNX,

            Message 5 of 27 , Jun 22, 2011

              Another easier asked for than done request I suspect

              Any chance of being able to click on a callsign within a message and go to the location? Mostly for me thinking of clicking the balloon launch alert message and going to the balloon

              I know there is a lot more to that to actually do it

            • Greg Depew
              Message 6 of 27 , Jun 16, 2012
                Wondering if its possible to add acks to query messages so that when I send ? to an aprs32 client I get all of them not just what was luckily decoded. Example: driving down the road in a bad area for digital coverage yet enough to get a message out. I receive 4/4 but not 1 2 or 3. If they we ack'able I would receive them in order and get all of them.

                KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE
              • Greg Depew
                Message 7 of 27 , Jun 17, 2012
                  BumpKB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

                  Wondering if its possible to add acks to query messages so that when I send ? to an aprs32 client I get all of them not just what was luckily decoded. Example: driving down the road in a bad area for digital coverage yet enough to get a message out. I receive 4/4 but not 1 2 or 3. If they we ack'able I would receive them in order and get all of them.

                  KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 16, 2013

                    Linking to habitat so UK balloon launches can be viewed via APRSIS32

                    Due to UK restrictions on Amateur radio in the Air being not allowed, most flights use RTTY on SSB in the 70cm band.

                    Would be great to view the flights in APRSIS32 and maybe even select a flight to be sent from Habitat to the APRS system, these flights don’t number many

                    Steve Daniels

                    Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

                    Torbay Freecycle  Owner