Re: [aprsisce] Program used with Search and Rescue

  • Colin Catlin
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2010
      Yes Lynn,

      I think that was where I said 'simple crosshairs will do'.

      I like the scale '1,2,5,10,20',
      if you zoom out it becomes '2,5,10,20,50',
      zoom in '0.5,1,2,5,10'.

      Of course you would need to have the size of one circle defined somewhere on screen (I know you hate taking up valueable screen real estate).

      The configurable bit would be how many circles to display,
      personally I would only like to see complete range circles and decide how small the smallest should be on screen.
      But until I see it on screen & have a play I wouldn't like to say.

      And of course I did say 'simple crosshairs will do'.

      73,
      Colin.

      On 01/12/2010 12:13, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      Configurable by zoom level? Or fixed set of distances? How many
      distances? Only displayed if they fit inside the range circle and
      outside N times the size of a station symbol? (Picture 1, 2, 3 mile
      circles displayed with a range of 100 miles), pretty small little dot,
      they'd become).

      Lynn (D) - K4JERJ - Always angling for the details...

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hi Lynn,

      These are two examples of range rings. This software produces five rings at
      whatever range the user selects.

      There is already a crosshair option that can be turned on. I don't know if
      that is only in the development version or not.