Re: [aprsisce] APRSICE Connmgr Fails

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
      a) Nothing has changed in APRSISCE's use of the Connection Manager. My
      phone (AT&T Tilt/HTC TyTN II) still maintains its data connection when I
      hit the side power button. The GPS still turns off as it always has,
      but gets a fix quickly when I turn the phone back on.

      b) "What did I do?", well, only you actually know that. There may be a
      Windows Mobile setting somewhere, or you've tweaked some parameter, or
      installed a third-party "power saver" app, or possibly even your carrier
      pushed out some sort of settings update (highly unlikely). I don't know
      of a way to change what the power button does, but I'm sure there's apps
      out there that do such things.

      c) I try to post a message to the group with the new development version
      mentioned and what's new within it. Sometimes I miss, but if I do, it's
      usually because it's a minor internal change.

      Anyone else seeing what Kevin is seeing on the power button issue?

      PS. If you used About's auto-download to get the update, the older
      versions are simply renamed to .EXE.datetime. You can go back to one of
      the previous one's just by copying the saved .EXE over the current one.
      Be aware, however, that sometimes I change .XML settings and the program
      may de-configure some APRSISCE preference if you downgrade versions.
      That has not happened recently, so you should be OK to try that this time.

      PPS. I use Slide2Unlock2 (http://s2u2.ac-s2.com/) on my phone with
      nearly the default settings. YMMV