APRSICE Connmgr Fails

  • w7boz
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
      Lynn,
      Did you change anything in the recent Dev Version for CONNMGR? Now everytime I press the power button on the side of the phone, the CONNMGR disconects. And no blinking light on the phone. I use to press the button and APRSICE would stay connected to my WiFi connection. I guess it puts the phone in standby, since I am not familiar with it yet. I just used it to turn off the backlight and APRSICE would still stay connected. I liked it that way. If you didn't change anything, what did I do???
      Thanks, Kevin
      W7BOZ

      PS. Do you post notes somewhere what changes you make?
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
        a) Nothing has changed in APRSISCE's use of the Connection Manager. My
        phone (AT&T Tilt/HTC TyTN II) still maintains its data connection when I
        hit the side power button. The GPS still turns off as it always has,
        but gets a fix quickly when I turn the phone back on.

        b) "What did I do?", well, only you actually know that. There may be a
        Windows Mobile setting somewhere, or you've tweaked some parameter, or
        installed a third-party "power saver" app, or possibly even your carrier
        pushed out some sort of settings update (highly unlikely). I don't know
        of a way to change what the power button does, but I'm sure there's apps
        out there that do such things.

        c) I try to post a message to the group with the new development version
        mentioned and what's new within it. Sometimes I miss, but if I do, it's
        usually because it's a minor internal change.

        Anyone else seeing what Kevin is seeing on the power button issue?

        PS. If you used About's auto-download to get the update, the older
        versions are simply renamed to .EXE.datetime. You can go back to one of
        the previous one's just by copying the saved .EXE over the current one.
        Be aware, however, that sometimes I change .XML settings and the program
        may de-configure some APRSISCE preference if you downgrade versions.
        That has not happened recently, so you should be OK to try that this time.

        PPS. I use Slide2Unlock2 (http://s2u2.ac-s2.com/) on my phone with
        nearly the default settings. YMMV