Dev Version

  • Dennis Rogers
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
      Your latest version is up and running here with little effort and problems.
      Updated through your APRSIS32 update utility no problems.

      Only have problems with options checked off staying enabled.

      example: checking all entries under VIEW then SYMBOLS and others like these staying checked.
                     Are they stored when checked?

      --

      Dennis, N5VRP
      n5vrp.satx@...

    • David Shrum
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010

        I have a question on the ‘find’ feature of the mobile version (Development Version APRSISCE6P 2010/10/03 07:30), when I use the find and I type in the call, it tells me ‘station not found, wait?’ and I tell it yes. So when I close the program and restart it, it shows ‘panning’ at the bottom of the screen instead of waiting for the call I typed in just previously, am I missing something?

        I found in the ‘XML’ file how to get rid of the ‘latlon’ and the ‘grid square’ which gave me more screen space but I didn’t find a way to get it to remember the call I wanted to track.

        Thanks,

        Dave N8PU

        Your latest version is up and running here with little effort and problems.

        Updated through your APRSIS32 update utility no problems.

        Only have problems with options checked off staying enabled.

        example: checking all entries under VIEW then SYMBOLS and others like these staying checked.

                       Are they stored when checked?

        --

        Dennis, N5VRP
        n5vrp.satx@...

        No virus found in this message.

        No virus found in this message.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
          The View checks are purposely NOT saved. One of the most frequently
          asked questions in the UI-View list deals with stations not showing up
          because they turned them off in a previous execution for some reason. I
          chose to always come up with all stations viewed and you have to change
          that manually on each activation if don't want to see them all.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 8, 2010
            David Shrum wrote:

            > I have a question on the ‘find’ feature of the mobile version
            > (Development Version APRSISCE6P 2010/10/03 07:30), when I use the find
            > and I type in the call, it tells me ‘station not found, wait?’ and I
            > tell it yes. So when I close the program and restart it, it shows
            > ‘panning’ at the bottom of the screen instead of waiting for the call
            > I typed in just previously, am I missing something?

            Did you do the Find in the main window or in a MultiTrack window? I'm
            not at all sure when I managed to get it to save the Awaiting status,
            but there's a new Development version available (2010/11/04 07:58) that
            might fix your issue, but you may not be running Development (the
            general release is 2010/10/03 07:30). Please double-check About and
            upgrade. If the problem persists, I'll check into it.

            > I found in the ‘XML’ file how to get rid of the ‘latlon’ and the ‘grid
            > square’ which gave me more screen space but I didn’t find a way to get
            > it to remember the call I wanted to track.

            You didn't need to mess in the XML for those screen elements. Check out
            the Configure / Screen / GridSquare and Lat/Lon menu options (along with
            others). The program should automatically remember an Await() status in
            the main window and should ask if you want to remember the open
            MultiTrack windows.

          • David Shrum
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 8, 2010
              Re: [aprsisce] Dev Version

              Thanks Lynn for your quick reply, I think the main problem is my phone; I have gotten it so hot in the past that on several occasions it has just shut down.

              I was sure I had the development selected in the XML file but when I checked it wasn’t; so I did change it to this “<Update.Development>1</Update.Development>”, it was “0”. When I did the about it said there was a new development version available.

              I used the menu to get to the ‘find’, but I just checked and the development version is remembering that I am waiting and it is showing the ‘Await(call)’.

              Thanks Again,

              Dave N8PU

              > I have a question on the ‘find’ feature of the mobile version
              > (Development Version APRSISCE6P 2010/10/03 07:30), when I use the find
              > and I type in the call, it tells me ‘station not found, wait?’
              and I
              > tell it yes. So when I close the program and restart it, it shows
              > ‘panning’ at the bottom of the screen instead of waiting for
              the call
              > I typed in just previously, am I missing something?

              Did you do the Find in the main window or in a MultiTrack window? I'm
              not at all sure when I managed to get it to save the Awaiting status,
              but there's a new Development version available (2010/11/04 07:58) that
              might fix your issue, but you may not be running Development (the
              general release is 2010/10/03 07:30). Please double-check About and
              upgrade. If the problem persists, I'll check into it.

              > I found in the ‘XML’ file how to get rid of the
              ‘latlon’ and the ‘grid
              > square’ which gave me more screen space but I didn’t find a
              way to get
              > it to remember the call I wanted to track.

              You didn't need to mess in the XML for those screen elements. Check out
              the Configure / Screen / GridSquare and Lat/Lon menu options (along with
              others). The program should automatically remember an Await() status in
              the main window and should ask if you want to remember the open
              MultiTrack windows.

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 8, 2010
                Wonderful. I'm glad there's nothing on this end to fix. I use the
                Await() feature far to much to believe it was broken.

                I too cook my phone to high temperatures while charging it laying on the
                dash in the Florida sun. I've replaced the battery twice when it swelled
                so big as to break the catches on the battery cover. Luckily, the
                extended capacity Tilt batteries each come with a new cover.