PARIS in the news

  • Steve D
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2010

      Hi all

      Well made the local paper http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html

      A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight. As we had not tracking from the plane

      Steve

      G6UIM

    • zl1vfo
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010
        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Steve D" <sbd64000@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > Well made the local paper
        > <http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>
        >
        > A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
        > As we had not tracking from the plane
        >
        > Steve
        >
        > G6UIM

        Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

        -Ian ZL1VFO
      • Fred Hillhouse Jr
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010

          The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

          Best regards,

          Fred

          href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010

            That’s correct, due to the mounting of the plane to the camera payload we lost GPS, I did get the GPS to lock prior to mounting the plane. After release probably due to the speed of travel the GPS did not get a lock until just before landing.

            If we do another, we will make sure this problem is addressed, we had hoped the GPS would lock fairly quickly after release.

            Steve

            G6UIM

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010

              Got approached by a chap in the pub last night, who said I was part of NASA I was going to correct him until  he added Nerds Above Spanish Airspace

              Thought that was funny

              Steve

              G6UIM

              The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

              Best regards,

              Fred

              href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

              > A big thanks to Lynn
              for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
              > As we had not tracking from the plane
              >
              > Steve
              >
              > G6UIM

              Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

              -Ian ZL1VFO

            • David Shrum
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010

                Thanks for the good laugh Steve, that’s good!

                Dave N8PU

                The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

                Best regards,

                Fred

                href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

                > A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
                > As we had not tracking from the plane
                >
                > Steve
                >
                > G6UIM

                Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

                -Ian ZL1VFO

                No virus found in this message.

                No virus found in this message.