Re: aprsisce on pda handheld

  • kf4aum
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010

      > Any version of APRSISCE (not 32) will work on any Windows Mobile 5 or 6
      > devices. What operating system is on your iPaq 3955?
      >
      > Internet access is required for some features and a hardware link of
      > some sort (serial or Bluetooth serial) is required for a TNC
      > connection. If using cellular Internet, an unlimited plan is highly
      > recommended.

      > kf4aum wrote:
      > > What version of aprsisce works on a compag ipaq 3955. hand held computer. Thanks John kf4aum
      > >
      >i have no internet connection on this ipaq. I bought a card however it don't work either. I assuming this this program will not work on my pda. John Kf4aum
    • Steve D
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2010

        Hi all

        Well made the local paper http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html

        A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight. As we had not tracking from the plane

        Steve

        G6UIM

      • zl1vfo
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010
          --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Steve D" <sbd64000@...> wrote:

          > Hi all
          >
          > Well made the local paper
          > <http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>
          >
          > A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
          > As we had not tracking from the plane
          >
          > Steve
          >
          > G6UIM

          Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

          -Ian ZL1VFO
        • Fred Hillhouse Jr
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010

            The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

            Best regards,

            Fred

            href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010

              That’s correct, due to the mounting of the plane to the camera payload we lost GPS, I did get the GPS to lock prior to mounting the plane. After release probably due to the speed of travel the GPS did not get a lock until just before landing.

              If we do another, we will make sure this problem is addressed, we had hoped the GPS would lock fairly quickly after release.

              Steve

              G6UIM

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010

                Got approached by a chap in the pub last night, who said I was part of NASA I was going to correct him until  he added Nerds Above Spanish Airspace

                Thought that was funny

                Steve

                G6UIM

                The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

                Best regards,

                Fred

                href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

                > A big thanks to Lynn
                for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
                > As we had not tracking from the plane
                >
                > Steve
                >
                > G6UIM

                Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

                -Ian ZL1VFO

              • David Shrum
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010

                  Thanks for the good laugh Steve, that’s good!

                  Dave N8PU

                  The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

                  Best regards,

                  Fred

                  href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

                  > A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
                  > As we had not tracking from the plane
                  >
                  > Steve
                  >
                  > G6UIM

                  Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

                  -Ian ZL1VFO

                  No virus found in this message.

                  No virus found in this message.