Re: [aprsisce] aprsisce on pda handheld

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
      Any version of APRSISCE (not 32) will work on any Windows Mobile 5 or 6
      devices. What operating system is on your iPaq 3955?

      Internet access is required for some features and a hardware link of
      some sort (serial or Bluetooth serial) is required for a TNC
      connection. If using cellular Internet, an unlimited plan is highly
      recommended.

      kf4aum wrote:
      > What version of aprsisce works on a compag ipaq 3955. hand held computer. Thanks John kf4aum

    • kf4aum
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010

        > Any version of APRSISCE (not 32) will work on any Windows Mobile 5 or 6
        > devices. What operating system is on your iPaq 3955?
        >
        > Internet access is required for some features and a hardware link of
        > some sort (serial or Bluetooth serial) is required for a TNC
        > connection. If using cellular Internet, an unlimited plan is highly
        > recommended.

        > kf4aum wrote:
        > > What version of aprsisce works on a compag ipaq 3955. hand held computer. Thanks John kf4aum
        > >
        >i have no internet connection on this ipaq. I bought a card however it don't work either. I assuming this this program will not work on my pda. John Kf4aum
      • Steve D
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2010

          Hi all

          Well made the local paper http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html

          A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight. As we had not tracking from the plane

          Steve

          G6UIM

        • zl1vfo
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010
            --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Steve D" <sbd64000@...> wrote:

            > Hi all
            >
            > Well made the local paper
            > <http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>
            >
            > A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
            > As we had not tracking from the plane
            >
            > Steve
            >
            > G6UIM

            Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

            -Ian ZL1VFO
          • Fred Hillhouse Jr
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010

              The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

              Best regards,

              Fred

              href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010

                That’s correct, due to the mounting of the plane to the camera payload we lost GPS, I did get the GPS to lock prior to mounting the plane. After release probably due to the speed of travel the GPS did not get a lock until just before landing.

                If we do another, we will make sure this problem is addressed, we had hoped the GPS would lock fairly quickly after release.

                Steve

                G6UIM

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010

                  Got approached by a chap in the pub last night, who said I was part of NASA I was going to correct him until  he added Nerds Above Spanish Airspace

                  Thought that was funny

                  Steve

                  G6UIM

                  The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

                  Best regards,

                  Fred

                  href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

                  > A big thanks to Lynn
                  for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
                  > As we had not tracking from the plane
                  >
                  > Steve
                  >
                  > G6UIM

                  Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

                  -Ian ZL1VFO

                • David Shrum
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010

                    Thanks for the good laugh Steve, that’s good!

                    Dave N8PU

                    The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

                    Best regards,

                    Fred

                    href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

                    > A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
                    > As we had not tracking from the plane
                    >
                    > Steve
                    >
                    > G6UIM

                    Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

                    -Ian ZL1VFO

                    No virus found in this message.

                    No virus found in this message.