aprsisce on pda handheld

  • kf4aum
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
      What version of aprsisce works on a compag ipaq 3955. hand held computer. Thanks John kf4aum
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010
        Any version of APRSISCE (not 32) will work on any Windows Mobile 5 or 6
        devices. What operating system is on your iPaq 3955?

        Internet access is required for some features and a hardware link of
        some sort (serial or Bluetooth serial) is required for a TNC
        connection. If using cellular Internet, an unlimited plan is highly
        recommended.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2010

          > Any version of APRSISCE (not 32) will work on any Windows Mobile 5 or 6
          > devices. What operating system is on your iPaq 3955?
          >
          > Internet access is required for some features and a hardware link of
          > some sort (serial or Bluetooth serial) is required for a TNC
          > connection. If using cellular Internet, an unlimited plan is highly
          > recommended.

          > kf4aum wrote:
          > > What version of aprsisce works on a compag ipaq 3955. hand held computer. Thanks John kf4aum
          > >
          >i have no internet connection on this ipaq. I bought a card however it don't work either. I assuming this this program will not work on my pda. John Kf4aum
        • Steve D
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 2010

            Hi all

            Well made the local paper http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html

            A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight. As we had not tracking from the plane

            Steve

            G6UIM

          • zl1vfo
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010
              --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Steve D" <sbd64000@...> wrote:

              > Hi all
              >
              > Well made the local paper
              > <http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>
              >
              > A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
              > As we had not tracking from the plane
              >
              > Steve
              >
              > G6UIM

              Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

              -Ian ZL1VFO
            • Fred Hillhouse Jr
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010

                The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

                Best regards,

                Fred

                href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 6, 2010

                  That’s correct, due to the mounting of the plane to the camera payload we lost GPS, I did get the GPS to lock prior to mounting the plane. After release probably due to the speed of travel the GPS did not get a lock until just before landing.

                  If we do another, we will make sure this problem is addressed, we had hoped the GPS would lock fairly quickly after release.

                  Steve

                  G6UIM

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010

                    Got approached by a chap in the pub last night, who said I was part of NASA I was going to correct him until  he added Nerds Above Spanish Airspace

                    Thought that was funny

                    Steve

                    G6UIM

                    The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

                    Best regards,

                    Fred

                    href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

                    > A big thanks to Lynn
                    for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
                    > As we had not tracking from the plane
                    >
                    > Steve
                    >
                    > G6UIM

                    Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

                    -Ian ZL1VFO

                  • David Shrum
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010

                      Thanks for the good laugh Steve, that’s good!

                      Dave N8PU

                      The plane GPS didn’t get a lock until it was almost to the ground according to my information.

                      Best regards,

                      Fred

                      href="http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html">http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Paper-plane-s-spectacular-photographs-Earth/article-2840637-detail/article.html>

                      > A big thanks to Lynn for in flight help with graphs of the Balloon flight.
                      > As we had not tracking from the plane
                      >
                      > Steve
                      >
                      > G6UIM

                      Any idea what happened to the tracking data from the plane?

                      -Ian ZL1VFO

                      No virus found in this message.

                      No virus found in this message.