Re: [aprsisce] Request for TDDR Release =)

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
      I will need to do that, but it's wrapped up in the pending set of
      renovations to the RF Port support. What's really happening there is
      that only COM ports support <Open/CloseCmd>s at this point. But to do
      the D710 transmits, it needs the ability to execute commands against a
      TCP/IP port. So, while I've got the code layed open for tracking which
      RF Port a station is being heard on, I'm going to support commands on
      TCP/IP ports and possibly even a rudimentary terminal emulator out both
      COM and/or TCP/IP ports (with automatic disable of the RF Port function)
      to allow manual intervention to a TNC if necessary or desired.

      I'll let you know when I'm ready to test such changes or when they're
      included in a release.

      PS. I short-circuited the command subroutine for TCP/IP ports because
      that's what was causing your TCP/IP-connected D710 to crash the app on
      transmit. The command routine was accessing the non-initialized COM
      port because (short-sighted) I didn't consider a TCP/IP serial port to a
      radio, just direct or Bluetooth COM ports.

      Stian Espe - LA2YSA wrote:
      > (TDDR - Tomorrow`s Daily Development Release..)
      >
      > Lynn, do you need to debug more of the problem where you cant transmit beacons via TCP-IP port to a Kenwood TM-D710?
      >
      > Tell me if you want to do this, and I will offcourse power-up my system for you.. ;)
      >
      > Stian,
      > LA2YSA

    • Stian Espe - LA2YSA
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
        Ok, I really look forward to this feature..

        Thanks Lynn.. =)