Request for TDDR Release =)

  • Stian Espe - LA2YSA
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
      (TDDR - Tomorrow`s Daily Development Release..)

      Lynn, do you need to debug more of the problem where you cant transmit beacons via TCP-IP port to a Kenwood TM-D710?

      Tell me if you want to do this, and I will offcourse power-up my system for you.. ;)

      Stian,
      LA2YSA
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
        I will need to do that, but it's wrapped up in the pending set of
        renovations to the RF Port support. What's really happening there is
        that only COM ports support <Open/CloseCmd>s at this point. But to do
        the D710 transmits, it needs the ability to execute commands against a
        TCP/IP port. So, while I've got the code layed open for tracking which
        RF Port a station is being heard on, I'm going to support commands on
        TCP/IP ports and possibly even a rudimentary terminal emulator out both
        COM and/or TCP/IP ports (with automatic disable of the RF Port function)
        to allow manual intervention to a TNC if necessary or desired.

        I'll let you know when I'm ready to test such changes or when they're
        included in a release.

        PS. I short-circuited the command subroutine for TCP/IP ports because
        that's what was causing your TCP/IP-connected D710 to crash the app on
        transmit. The command routine was accessing the non-initialized COM
        port because (short-sighted) I didn't consider a TCP/IP serial port to a
        radio, just direct or Bluetooth COM ports.

        Stian Espe - LA2YSA wrote:
        > (TDDR - Tomorrow`s Daily Development Release..)
        >
        > Lynn, do you need to debug more of the problem where you cant transmit beacons via TCP-IP port to a Kenwood TM-D710?
        >
        > Tell me if you want to do this, and I will offcourse power-up my system for you.. ;)
        >
        > Stian,
        > LA2YSA

      • Stian Espe - LA2YSA
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
          Ok, I really look forward to this feature..

          Thanks Lynn.. =)