Re: [aprsisce] Development 2010/11/03 08:49 Released!

  • Ger McNamara EI4GXB
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2010
      Hi Lynn

      Many thanks for your work & great effort on this project.

      73

      Ger

      On 3 November 2010 13:00, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      Greetings group,

      I know it's been quiet on the development version front, but I've been
      (and still am) really busy with real ($$$) work. However, I've been
      noticing a few things about the client that were relatively easy to fix,
      so there's a new development version out.

      1) I noticed that in transitional cell coverage areas, telemetry can
      fire out fast and furious. So, telemetry transmissions are now limited
      by a new XML-editable parameter (default 15 seconds). Even if changes
      occur more frequently, telemetry will only be sent this frequently.
      This may cause a transition to be not transmitted, but does it really
      matter if your coverage went from 48 to 60 and back to 48 within a 15
      second window?

      2) I use Firefox as my default browser, but sometimes I receive a URL
      via APRS message that I'd rather open in IE (see DEERCAM). So now left
      (normal) button click on Chat URL opens the default browser, as it
      always has. Right click now simply copies URL to clipboard so you can
      paste it elsewhere, like into IE's address bar.

      3) I recently eavesdropped on some WHO-IS traffic and saw entire three
      line addresses being returned. I checked into it and WHO-IS has a
      "full" option. This is now supported by APRSISCE/32 via Configure /
      Messages / Lookup now has Brief (default for 1 line) and Full (3 lines
      of address) options. Brief is highly recommended for non -IS users.

      Enjoy! I'm still trying to find the contiguous hours to lay open the
      code to do the RF Port enhancements so that messages are only acked
      and/or IGated out the RF port on which the station was heard. This is
      becoming more critical as mor of us (myself included as KJ4ERJ-2) run
      APRSISCE/32 as a 30m IGate talking to both AX.25 (typically via AGWPE)
      and PSK (via APRS Messenger). It's kind of self-defeating to transmit
      simultaneously on both of those ports if the station was only heard on
      one of them! It'll be here eventually, just please be patient in the
      meantime.

    • Teddy Banks