Tile retrieval

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2010
      Hi Lynn,

      Are you queuing tiles for retrieval so that even if the location changes the
      tiles are still retrieved?

      Thanks!
      Fred

      PS. I almost never have the satellite data selected. I did the other day and
      noticed the satellite positions in the circle. Cool!
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 22, 2010
        If tiles are being fetched as part of the normal process, they are
        dropped from the queue if you move around or zoom in and out enough that
        it no longer makes sense to retrieve the older ones in the queue
        (actually, queued elements are aged every time you zoom in or out and
        are expired if they get too old).

        Tile fetches queued as a direct result of Screen / Map / Prefetch are
        not aged and are fetched regardless of what else you do to the map,
        including possibly moving or zooming and then activating Screen / Map /
        Prefetch again and again and again. You can build up quite a fetch
        list such that the yellow circle can take hours to finally clear.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 22, 2010
          Hi Lynn,

          For some reason I thought the aging was dropped until today. I had surfed around an area and it started to queue up mores tiles. If this option was selectable, I would like it. ;)

          Thanks!
          Fred