APRSISCE/32 with APRS Messenger
- To anyone using APRSISCE/32 with APRS Messenger,
Do do this, you need to connect a TEXT port in APRSISCE/32 to TCP/IP
port 8063 offered by APRS Messenger. The setup steps are:
1) Configure / Ports / New Port
2) Type should be TEXT and Name is what you want to call it (keep it short)
3) Yes to configure as TCP/IP Port?
4) IP or DNS is probably 127.0.0.1, Port is 8063 for APRS Messenger
5) Make sure Enabled and (optionally) Xmit Enable are checked (many of
the rest of these parameters are not currently used)
6) Click Accept and the port should connect. To enable transmits in
APRS Messenger, you need to check the Transmit checkbox in the TCP/IP
8063 block down by Send / Cancel Send.
Do not Configure / Ports / APRS-IS to connect to 8063 or your login,
password, and APRS-IS filters will be transmitted over the air!
An upcoming release will enable more of the individual port control
checkboxes and will hopefully also provide a mechanism to force
transmits out over RF while still allowing full receive IGating.
Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32