Alinco T2-135 KISS question

  • Fred Eckert
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2010
      Hi all,

      I just transmitted my first APRSIS32 generated RF packet using my shiny new Alinco/Argent rig! I have a question though...

      I asked Argent Data Systems to configure the T2-135 for KISS mode operation with APRSIS32. They sent the unit configured for 9600 baud & KISS. As part of the learning process, I started with a non-numeric SSID. The unit was receiving fine but it would not transmit. I then read some of the logs and figured out that I needed a numeric SSID for RF TX. So, I exited APRSIS32 and then changed my SSID to -12. When I restarted APRSIS32 I could not even receive from RF!

      More reading of the debug logs revealed the the T2-135 was not quite happy. I broke out the manual connected up a terminal and discovered that the T2-135 had come out of KISS mode.

      My question is, what do I have to do to get the KISS mode to "stick" in the T2-135. I hope to have a hands-off APRSIS32 solution that I can just power up and have it work.

      Thanks in advance for any help!

      73 from KJ4LFJ, Fred in Orlando
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2010
        Unfortunately, the default <OpenCmd>s and <CloseCmd>s for a KISS port in
        APRSISCE/32 are designed for a Kenwood D7/D700 and will take a T2 or
        OT2m out of KISS mode until the next restart. To remedy this, edit the
        APRSIS32.XML file and delete all of the <OpenCmd>s and <CloseCmd>s and
        put the following two lines in their place.

        <OpenCmd>~!!0</OpenCmd>
        <CloseCmd>~!!0</CloseCmd>

        These are NOOP (No Operation) commands which work really fine for TT4s
        and OT2m/T2-135s. Hopefully soon these commands will be on-line
        editable from the port configuration dialog.