Re: 2010/10/03 07:30 RELEASED!

  • SV1UY
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2010
      Hi Lynn,

      Good work OM! The update worked automagically a LINUX machine under WINE, in a Windows 7 DESKTOP and also in my ASUS eeePC901 Netbook running Windows XP.

      I love the multitracking capability!

      73 de Demetre SV1UY
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2010
        Hi Lynn,

        After using the latest for about a week...

        "MULTITRACK! - nuff said? Not really..."

        This is really a cool feature. I have been following STEAM/UP844 in its own
        window as it made its way to St Louis. I wish I could travel out to see it
        in person! This last week I made a preferred size and zoom which has been
        handy. I finally did a preferred display for my regular window too. Now if
        only I could have them display where I last placed them. Of course, I
        haven't looked at trying it already. Work is getting in the way but I do
        like my house, food and vehicles and toys and...

        "Brace yourself, the world really isn't a rectangle"

        It is a tube with a hollow center. The conspiracy theorist have been right
        all along!
        Nice feature!

        I have been playing with the filters more. There is no new work that I
        noticed but I like it! After a kick start by G6UIM, I have looked into more
        options besides balloons and airplanes. One I found was /d. I use it to see
        stations with a particular call in the path. Naturally occurring events,
        earthquakes, hurricanes, etc are interesting so I have added them as well.
        The filters have added a whole new dimension for me!

        I have noticing little tweaks here and there. Maybe this weekend I will get
        to play more than usual and find more.

        Thanks!

        Best regards,
        Fred
      • Steve D
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2010

          Glad I got you started Fred, thanks for the mention of d/ now have that in my sat filter for stations gated by the ISS

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2010
            Just to build anticipation, picture being able to set a standard-looking
            filter on a MultiTrack window and only see the received stations
            matching that (sub) filter. Oh, and remembering where and how big a
            tracking MultiTrack window is on my list, I just haven't tackled that
            one yet. The more I use MultiTrack, the more I want that feature. Put
            X over there, and Y over here, and Z out there, but only when/if I
            MultiTrack them next.