Re: [aprsisce] 2010/10/03 07:30 RELEASED!

  • Randy Love
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
      Yes, very nice job, Lynn.
      and yes, I *did* read the entire release note.

      73,
      Randy
      WF5X

    • SV1UY
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2010
        Hi Lynn,

        Good work OM! The update worked automagically a LINUX machine under WINE, in a Windows 7 DESKTOP and also in my ASUS eeePC901 Netbook running Windows XP.

        I love the multitracking capability!

        73 de Demetre SV1UY
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2010
          Hi Lynn,

          After using the latest for about a week...

          "MULTITRACK! - nuff said? Not really..."

          This is really a cool feature. I have been following STEAM/UP844 in its own
          window as it made its way to St Louis. I wish I could travel out to see it
          in person! This last week I made a preferred size and zoom which has been
          handy. I finally did a preferred display for my regular window too. Now if
          only I could have them display where I last placed them. Of course, I
          haven't looked at trying it already. Work is getting in the way but I do
          like my house, food and vehicles and toys and...

          "Brace yourself, the world really isn't a rectangle"

          It is a tube with a hollow center. The conspiracy theorist have been right
          all along!
          Nice feature!

          I have been playing with the filters more. There is no new work that I
          noticed but I like it! After a kick start by G6UIM, I have looked into more
          options besides balloons and airplanes. One I found was /d. I use it to see
          stations with a particular call in the path. Naturally occurring events,
          earthquakes, hurricanes, etc are interesting so I have added them as well.
          The filters have added a whole new dimension for me!

          I have noticing little tweaks here and there. Maybe this weekend I will get
          to play more than usual and find more.

          Thanks!

          Best regards,
          Fred
        • Steve D
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2010

            Glad I got you started Fred, thanks for the mention of d/ now have that in my sat filter for stations gated by the ISS

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 8, 2010
              Just to build anticipation, picture being able to set a standard-looking
              filter on a MultiTrack window and only see the received stations
              matching that (sub) filter. Oh, and remembering where and how big a
              tracking MultiTrack window is on my list, I just haven't tackled that
              one yet. The more I use MultiTrack, the more I want that feature. Put
              X over there, and Y over here, and Z out there, but only when/if I
              MultiTrack them next.