Re: [aprsisce] 2010/10/03 07:30 RELEASED!

  • Greg D
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
      Hi Lynn,

      Automatic upgrade to the latest /32 version works from Linux under Wine.  Also the multi-track; nice addition!  Initial map in the new tracking window is transparent (just hit the right arrow a few times; no biggie).  Also updated the CE version on my iPAQ hw6945...  Yea!  Scroll bars on the pop-up windows!

      One thing I noticed, likely NOT your problem (so this is just in case someone else notices it)...  I happened to be playing a youtube video in another Linux "desktop" (same machine, different virtual screen) when I did the upgrade of the /32 version.  No idea why, but the video stopped, right when the download started, and did not continue on by itself.  I'm on a high speed internet connection, on a 3.2 GHz hyperthreaded processor, so this isn't a matter of starvation.  Wine, probably, but I can't imagine how or why it would do that.

      Anyway, looks like a clean and worthwhile update.  Thanks!

      Greg  KO6TH

      Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:

      Warning VERY Long release notes follow...

      You can download the release in .ZIP form from the Files section of the
      Yahoo group or just check the About box and download from there (APRS-IS
      must be enabled for version checking to work). You can download the
      full release notes to see the ToDo list.

    • Randy Love
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
        Yes, very nice job, Lynn.
        and yes, I *did* read the entire release note.

        73,
        Randy
        WF5X

      • SV1UY
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2010
          Hi Lynn,

          Good work OM! The update worked automagically a LINUX machine under WINE, in a Windows 7 DESKTOP and also in my ASUS eeePC901 Netbook running Windows XP.

          I love the multitracking capability!

          73 de Demetre SV1UY
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2010
            Hi Lynn,

            After using the latest for about a week...

            "MULTITRACK! - nuff said? Not really..."

            This is really a cool feature. I have been following STEAM/UP844 in its own
            window as it made its way to St Louis. I wish I could travel out to see it
            in person! This last week I made a preferred size and zoom which has been
            handy. I finally did a preferred display for my regular window too. Now if
            only I could have them display where I last placed them. Of course, I
            haven't looked at trying it already. Work is getting in the way but I do
            like my house, food and vehicles and toys and...

            "Brace yourself, the world really isn't a rectangle"

            It is a tube with a hollow center. The conspiracy theorist have been right
            all along!
            Nice feature!

            I have been playing with the filters more. There is no new work that I
            noticed but I like it! After a kick start by G6UIM, I have looked into more
            options besides balloons and airplanes. One I found was /d. I use it to see
            stations with a particular call in the path. Naturally occurring events,
            earthquakes, hurricanes, etc are interesting so I have added them as well.
            The filters have added a whole new dimension for me!

            I have noticing little tweaks here and there. Maybe this weekend I will get
            to play more than usual and find more.

            Thanks!

            Best regards,
            Fred
          • Steve D
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 8, 2010

              Glad I got you started Fred, thanks for the mention of d/ now have that in my sat filter for stations gated by the ISS

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 8, 2010
                Just to build anticipation, picture being able to set a standard-looking
                filter on a MultiTrack window and only see the received stations
                matching that (sub) filter. Oh, and remembering where and how big a
                tracking MultiTrack window is on my list, I just haven't tackled that
                one yet. The more I use MultiTrack, the more I want that feature. Put
                X over there, and Y over here, and Z out there, but only when/if I
                MultiTrack them next.