Re: Delete RF Ports

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
      I have deleted and old port that was not in use by going to,
      Configure, ports,and click the port and a box comes up with choices and one should be delete if its not in uses. Rick

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
        Configure / Ports / PickOneOfYours. There should be a Delete button.
        If not, wait a day or two and upgrade as it's available in Development
        that is going General release very soon. Much easier than editing the
        XML file (but you don't need to renumber them there anyway).

        tbanks204 wrote:
        > Lynn: How does one delete RF Ports that one has set up. Thanks KC0WNY

      • Teddy Banks
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
          Thanks, no delete option here, but it's not a big deal, I was just curious, I am always looking at things, trying to figure out how they work. I deleted them in the XML file, hoping I didn't delete any important stuff!!!

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
            Ah, the port has to be DISABLED before DELETE will be available! Try
            that, assuming you've updated to this morning's version or a fairly
            recent development version.

            Teddy Banks wrote:

            > Thanks, no delete option here, but it's not a big deal, I was just
            > curious, I am always looking at things, trying to figure out how they
            > work. I deleted them in the XML file, hoping I didn't delete any
            > important stuff!!!
            >
            > On 10/3/2010 6:06 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
            >>

            >> Configure / Ports / PickOneOfYours. There should be a Delete button.
            >> If not, wait a day or two and upgrade as it's available in Development
            >> that is going General release very soon. Much easier than editing the
            >> XML file (but you don't need to renumber them there anyway).

            >> tbanks204 wrote:
            >> > Lynn: How does one delete RF Ports that one has set up. Thanks KC0WNY

          • Steve D
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010

              Hi All

              For those interested I am starting to put PARIS info on the http://aprsis.ham-radio-op.net I didn’t want to clutter the group. Have also added a chat room.

              You don’t need to register to read but you do if you want to post.

              Steve