Delete RF Ports

  • tbanks204
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2010
      Lynn: How does one delete RF Ports that one has set up. Thanks KC0WNY
    • g4ilo
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
        As far as I know the only way is to open the XML file in notepad and delete everything between and including the <!--RFPort[x]--> brackets. It might be a good idea to renumber the ports as well if the one you are deleting isn't the last. Take a backup of the XML in case you make a mistake.

        Julian, G4ILO

        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "tbanks204" <tbanks204@...> wrote:

        > Lynn: How does one delete RF Ports that one has set up. Thanks KC0WNY

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
          I have deleted and old port that was not in use by going to,
          Configure, ports,and click the port and a box comes up with choices and one should be delete if its not in uses. Rick

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
            Configure / Ports / PickOneOfYours. There should be a Delete button.
            If not, wait a day or two and upgrade as it's available in Development
            that is going General release very soon. Much easier than editing the
            XML file (but you don't need to renumber them there anyway).

            tbanks204 wrote:
            > Lynn: How does one delete RF Ports that one has set up. Thanks KC0WNY

          • Teddy Banks
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
              Thanks, no delete option here, but it's not a big deal, I was just curious, I am always looking at things, trying to figure out how they work. I deleted them in the XML file, hoping I didn't delete any important stuff!!!

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010
                Ah, the port has to be DISABLED before DELETE will be available! Try
                that, assuming you've updated to this morning's version or a fairly
                recent development version.

                Teddy Banks wrote:

                > Thanks, no delete option here, but it's not a big deal, I was just
                > curious, I am always looking at things, trying to figure out how they
                > work. I deleted them in the XML file, hoping I didn't delete any
                > important stuff!!!
                >
                > On 10/3/2010 6:06 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
                >>

                >> Configure / Ports / PickOneOfYours. There should be a Delete button.
                >> If not, wait a day or two and upgrade as it's available in Development
                >> that is going General release very soon. Much easier than editing the
                >> XML file (but you don't need to renumber them there anyway).

                >> tbanks204 wrote:
                >> > Lynn: How does one delete RF Ports that one has set up. Thanks KC0WNY

              • Steve D
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 3, 2010

                  Hi All

                  For those interested I am starting to put PARIS info on the http://aprsis.ham-radio-op.net I didn’t want to clutter the group. Have also added a chat room.

                  You don’t need to register to read but you do if you want to post.

                  Steve