RE: [aprsisce] ANSRVR - Announcement server support (CQSRVR replacement)

  • Rob Giuliano
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010
      I use APRSIS32 on my work laptop in a very sparse fashion.  Since I wasn't actively using it, I thought that I wouldn't be able to provide much assistance on the development version.
      For features like this though, I would be more likely to use the development version.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO

      The difference between CW and other digital
      modes comes down to 2 characters:
      ASCII Character 32 (hex 20) a defined space
      ASCII Character 12 (hex 0C) a carriage return (line designation)

      From: Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...>
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 4:17 PM

      The latest development version (2010/09/30 16:05) has replaced the
      CQSRVR support with a new ANSRVR that works like CQSRVR except that it
      directly supports "lurking" in a list (sending message-less Keep-Alives
      to keep your membership fresh). The Messages / CQSRVR cascading menu
      has been changed to Messages / Announcements. All of your currently
      configured CQSRVR groups will automatically change to the same-named
      ANSRVR group on their next refresh interval.

      To send a message to an announcement group, you can either change the
      Announcement's CQ Text and poke Send, or send "CQ <Group> Announcement
      Text" to ANSRVR via a Send Message / Chat.

      ANSRVR supports the following APRS message-based commands:

      ? - Show all groups (# in parens is number of members)
      ? group - Show member count in group
      L - List groups you are a member of (with member count including self)
      J group - Join group quietly
      CQ group text - Join group and send text to all current members
      U group - Unjoin group

      PS. You can now safely check Keep Active AND Quietly to remain
      interested in an Announcement group. You will still receive a
      confirmation message for each refresh, but the group itself will remain
      quietly unaware of your lurking er monitoring.

      Not to push things, but is this goign to be "full released" before the balloon action later this month.

    • Steve D
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010

        Not had an issues with the latest release.

        Steve

        G6UIM

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010
          I too have not found any problems with the current version,
          I think it is ready to be inflicted on the General Users.

          73,
          Colin.

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2010

            Hi All

            I know some of you are interested in the balloon launch I am doing soon. But in order to not go off topic here too often I now have a PARIS thread on http://aprsis.ham-radio-op.net/index.php I will post info there as and when.

            Also of course I will be using the PARIS group on ANSRVR.

            Steve

            G6UIM

          • n1naz
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 16, 2011
              Lynn when I do a message/announcements/join group it is still saying at the top of the requester "CQSRVR group". Also after joining a group when I do a message/announcement/ the ISS group (which i have joined) is checked but it says ISS(CQRVR). Shouldn't this be ANSRVR? Is this correct?
              Or maybe I'm just unclear on the concept.
              This is with the latest dev. release.