More Weather Parsing

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010
      Development Release 2010/10/02 00:29 includes:

      $ULTW and !! (Peet) weather parsing - This should cover most of the
      weather stations around. If you know of a weather station that I'm not
      yet parsing, or parsing some parameter incorrectly, please let me know.

      Screen / Labels / Weather - Shows Temp & Wind Speed/Direction on station
      labels. Even if callsigns are not being displayed! Still subject to
      the maximum visible station rule, however.

      I'd still like to get a general release out there. Anyone know of a
      reason I shouldn't put it out soon?

    • zl1vfo
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010

        > Development Release 2010/10/02 00:29 includes:
        >
        > $ULTW and !! (Peet) weather parsing - This should cover most of the
        > weather stations around. If you know of a weather station that I'm not
        > yet parsing, or parsing some parameter incorrectly, please let me know.

        ~ Snip~

        Lynn,
        do you support the Radio Shack WX-200 / Oregon Scientific WM-918 ?

        There were quite a few of these about - in fact I have one or two kicking around here that I should connect back up again.
        The protocol from the serial port is here, if it's of any interest.
        <http://www.qsl.net/zl1vfo/wx200/wx200.txt>

        73,
        Ian ZL1VFO
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2010
          I don't support reading and transmitting any weather at this point. I'm
          still working on parsing what's being transmitted via APRS-IS. Do you
          know of any stations actually running one of these that I could look at?

          zl1vfo wrote:
          > Lynn,
          > do you support the Radio Shack WX-200 / Oregon Scientific WM-918 ?
          >
          > There were quite a few of these about - in fact I have one or two kicking around here that I should connect back up again.
          > The protocol from the serial port is here, if it's of any interest.
          > <http://www.qsl.net/zl1vfo/wx200/wx200.txt>
          >
          > 73,
          > Ian ZL1VFO
        • andbart2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2010
            Lynn,
            weather data from SR3DGT running Ultimeter 2000 is not displayed by APRSIS32. Can you check it?
            Another issue. My other station SR3WXA sends station code as U2k. What is not recognized by APRSIS32. Should this code be right after weather data or at the end of packet?
            73
            Andy AB9FX, SP3LYR