How do I delete an individual station/object from my map?

  • Randy Love
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2010
      Ok, I give.

      I had some knucklehead in the local area spew out 6 bogus objects. I
      want to delete them from my map, but I can't find anything detailing
      how to do it. I'd rather not wait until they age off the screen.

      Is there a way to delete an individual station/object from my map/display?

      Thanks,
      Randy
      WF5X
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30, 2010
        No. You can just Clear / Clear Stations and within your local "net
        cycle time" (10-30 minutes) things should be back to normal.

        Randy Love wrote:
        > Ok, I give.
        >
        > I had some knucklehead in the local area spew out 6 bogus objects. I
        > want to delete them from my map, but I can't find anything detailing
        > how to do it. I'd rather not wait until they age off the screen.
        >
        > Is there a way to delete an individual station/object from my map/display?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Randy
        > WF5X

      • Randy Love
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
          Would you consider adding it as a feature, possibly available on the popup for a station/object?

          It would be a good thing to delete these on the user's display instead of having to wipe everything out and wait 30 minutes for everything to come back in, which would most likely include these nuisance objects in my case.

          He has quit sending them for the moment, but the individual in question has a history of purposely doing things like this several times. Yes, we have asked him nicely to stop, and even explained why, but his logic skills run askew of the rest of us.

          Thank you,
          Randy
          WF5X

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
            Unless you're receiving them over RF, just add a -b/callsign-SSID and
            you should not receive any packets from APRS-IS originated by the
            specified callsign-SSID. RFID-received packets are not filterable.

            Randy Love wrote:

            > Would you consider adding it as a feature, possibly available on the
            > popup for a station/object?
            >
            > It would be a good thing to delete these on the user's display instead
            > of having to wipe everything out and wait 30 minutes for everything to
            > come back in, which would most likely include these nuisance objects
            > in my case.
            >
            > He has quit sending them for the moment, but the individual in
            > question has a history of purposely doing things like this several
            > times. Yes, we have asked him nicely to stop, and even explained why,
            > but his logic skills run askew of the rest of us.
            >

            > Thank you,
            > Randy
            > WF5X
            >
            > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:24 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...
            > <mailto:kj4erj@...>> wrote:
            >

            > No. You can just Clear / Clear Stations and within your local "net
            > cycle time" (10-30 minutes) things should be back to normal.

            > Randy Love wrote:
            > > Ok, I give.
            > >
            > > I had some knucklehead in the local area spew out 6 bogus objects. I
            > > want to delete them from my map, but I can't find anything detailing
            > > how to do it. I'd rather not wait until they age off the screen.
            > >
            > > Is there a way to delete an individual station/object from my
            > map/display?
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Randy
            > > WF5X

          • Randy Love
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
              On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:
              > Unless you're receiving them over RF, just add a -b/callsign-SSID and
              > you should not receive any packets from APRS-IS originated by the
              > specified callsign-SSID.  RFID-received packets are not filterable.

              Yep, understand that, and yes, they are coming in via RF.

              So, as an extension ( and I know you probably won't like this one,
              because it adds a degree of uncertainty when someone 'green' is using
              the programs and having troubles but.. ), is there any consideration
              of implementing local filtering/exclusions on the RF port in the
              future?

              WF5X
            • g4ilo
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2010
                Harking back to my "Groundhog Day" (Lynn will know what I mean, others may have to search my blog if they are interested) I've been wondering if it would be useful to have some kind of "blacklist" of calls for which messages from, to, gated or digipeated by are simply ignored.

                I understand that the Net14 group issued a threat that anyone gating packets from VHF to their 20m frequency would be blacklisted so presumably the facility exists in other software. If someone is operating in such a way that messages are going round in an endless loop then the ability to drop those messages is probably the only way to deal with them.

                Julian, G4ILO