Re: Weather Parsing & Display (2010/09/30 10:24)

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2010
      Thanks again, I was surprised when after bringing up the popup and seeing that, then later noticed when they beacon the next time my temp and wind was showing on the screen, Thanks thats COOL !!!
      Good work !!!
      Rick

    • mwbesemer@cox.net

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 30, 2010
          I see a stupid programmer bust on parsing the _ datatype. I had a [c+1]
          but later changed the loop to start at 1 and neglected to change the
          body. It was supposed to be verifying and skipping the leading mmddhhmm,
          but was looking one character too far.

          It'll be fixed in the next development release. Thanks for noticing it.

          mwbesemer@... wrote:

          > Lynn,
          >
          > Take a look at WA4ORT and let me know what you see.
          >
          > Mike
          > WM4B
          >

          > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
          >
          > One line from the upcoming release notes:
          >
          > APRSISCE/32 now parses APRS weather (not any proprietary format yet) and
          > displays it in the station popup. At least it's not in the comment any
          > more! And there's new Configure / Metric options to go with it along
          > with View / Label / Weather to show Temp and Windspeed/direction.

        • g4ilo
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 30, 2010
            There are some stations with names starting CW and DW near me (I can see from aprs.fi.) What do I put in my filter to get them to appear in APRSIS32?

            Julian, G4ILO
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 30, 2010
              They're probably not coming in through APRS-IS but via a private set of
              CWOP servers (http://www.wxqa.com/). These are weather stations
              operated by non-amateur operators (typically) and were segregated from
              APRS-IS a while back (in the time of the "blue flood"). To get these in
              APRSISCE/32, you need to configure a new port of type CWOP as follows:

              1) Configure / Ports / New

              2) Select Type: CWOP and give it a name (I call mine Weather)

              3) Click Create

              4) Click Yes for a TCP/IP Port

              5) Enter cwop.aprs.net for the IP or DNS - This is a multi-IP rotation DNS

              6) Enter Port 14580 for a filtered feed or 10152 for a full feed (use
              10152 for now, see below)

              7) Set a reasonable quiet time (about 60 seconds) and ignore nearly
              everything else on the Port Configuration screen as it doesn't apply.

              Now that I notice, there's actually no filter being sent to this port,
              so you better do a 10152 for now and live with the full feed. I'll look
              at using the APRS-IS filter for this port as well until I can get around
              to allowing configuration of a specific filter for CWOP ports.

              PS. For comparison, a full APRS-IS feed is 120K packets per hour and
              CWOP is 35K packets per hour. Send ?APRSS to KJ4ERJ-AL if curious.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 30, 2010
                WA4ORT is fixed in the latest (2010/09/30 16:05) development release.
                Again, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

                mwbesemer@... wrote:

                > Lynn,
                >
                > Take a look at WA4ORT and let me know what you see.
                >
                > Mike
                > WM4B
                >

                > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
                >
                > One line from the upcoming release notes:
                >
                > APRSISCE/32 now parses APRS weather (not any proprietary format yet) and
                > displays it in the station popup. At least it's not in the comment any
                > more! And there's new Configure / Metric options to go with it along
                > with View / Label / Weather to show Temp and Windspeed/direction.

              • Mike Besemer (WM4B)
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 30, 2010

                  Thanks Lynn… I don’t know how you keep up with stuff.  Glad I was able to find something EASY for you to fix!

                  73,

                  Mike

                  WM4B

                  mwbesemer@... wrote:

                  > Lynn,
                  >
                  > Take a look at WA4ORT and let me know what you see.
                  >
                  > Mike
                  > WM4B
                  >

                  > On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
                  >
                  > One line from the upcoming release notes:
                  >
                  > APRSISCE/32 now parses APRS weather (not any proprietary format yet) and
                  > displays it in the station popup. At least it's not in the comment any
                  > more! And there's new Configure / Metric options to go with it along
                  > with View / Label / Weather to show Temp and Windspeed/direction.

                • Steve D
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 30, 2010

                    Hi All

                    For those of you wanting to track and have info about the Balloon launch, hopefully on the 23rd Oct, there is a group on Lynns ’ new ANSRVR called PARIS , My main aim is to get as much info out as possible, tracking, updates etc.

                    Steve

                    G6UIM__