Icon Caching improved (2010/09/24 06:33)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2010
      Several people have noted that the more recent development releases seem
      to be overtaxing their machines. I have renovated my method of
      pre-scaled and overlayed station symbols to keep a few large bitmaps
      that are sliced and diced as necessary instead of keeping distinct
      Windows objects for each symbol. This should dramatically reduce the
      number of Windows Objects consumed by APRSISCE/32 (See this on Win32 by
      double-clicking the APRS-IS OK box, check at the bottom).

      I'm now planning to apply this same approach to the OSM tile cache as it
      seems to have a positive effect on the resource consumption of the
      program. I'll let you know when that is included and I hope to have it
      done before the general release.