Beacon comment

  • g4ilo
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 16, 2010
      Nice to see the beacon comment in the pop-up now. I'm just wondering if the PHG(R)nnnnn should be parsed off before displaying it? It isn't really meant for human consumption. Mind you, I'm the only station on my map at the moment that even has it, so perhaps I'm wrong for having it in the beacon text in the first place?

      Julian, G4ILO
    • Randy Love
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 2010
        Julian,

        You're not wrong, just ahead of the times in your APRS world.  :)

        Cheers,
        Randy
        WF5X

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 2010
          No, keep it in the beacon text. Anything that shows up there is stuff
          that APRSISCE/32 either isn't parsing or is parsing incorrectly. I
          thought PHG would have been removed because I'm pretty sure I'm parsing
          it. Thanks for noticing. I'll look into it.

          (Just don't look at a weather station! Their entire comment is weather
          data that I'm hopefully soon going to parse along with storm data)

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16, 2010
            Actually, I believe you musts be looking at "Me"'s popup?  I just checked G4ILO and the PHG is not in the menu text nor is it in the popup comment, but is broken out below.  "Me" will show your entire beacon comment in it's full glory, but in fact, it may only show the ORIGINAL comment you had when the client started in the event that you changed it at runtime.  I'll have to look into that.

            But I don't think I'll change that as I think it's rather useful not to hide the data that you're in control of.

            PS.  Did anyone notice that the station symbols don't ahve the little rectangle around them any more?  Neither in the station popups nor on the task bar?

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 16, 2010
              Yes, it was Me's popup (should that be My popup?) And yes I did notice the icons how have transparent backgrounds. It does look better.

              Julian, G4ILO

              > Actually, I believe you musts be looking at "Me"'s popup? I just
              > checked G4ILO and the PHG is not in the menu text nor is it in the popup
              > comment, but is broken out below. "Me" will show your entire beacon
              > comment in it's full glory, but in fact, it may only show the ORIGINAL
              > comment you had when the client started in the event that you changed it
              > at runtime. I'll have to look into that.
              >
              > But I don't think I'll change that as I think it's rather useful not to
              > hide the data that you're in control of.

              > PS. Did anyone notice that the station symbols don't ahve the little
              > rectangle around them any more? Neither in the station popups nor on
              > the task bar?
              >

              > Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
              > > No, keep it in the beacon text. Anything that shows up there is stuff
              > > that APRSISCE/32 either isn't parsing or is parsing incorrectly. I
              > > thought PHG would have been removed because I'm pretty sure I'm parsing
              > > it. Thanks for noticing. I'll look into it.
              > >
              > > (Just don't look at a weather station! Their entire comment is weather
              > > data that I'm hopefully soon going to parse along with storm data)

              > > g4ilo wrote:
              > >
              > >> Nice to see the beacon comment in the pop-up now. I'm just wondering if the PHG(R)nnnnn should be parsed off before displaying it? It isn't really meant for human consumption. Mind you, I'm the only station on my map at the moment that even has it, so perhaps I'm wrong for having it in the beacon text in the first place?
              > >>
              > >> Julian, G4ILO

            • sq3nqe
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 22, 2010
                Proposed new function. Send a comment on any beacon.