What does Zoom mean? - Ready!

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2009
      (The poll is now open for voting. I may know about APRS-IS and Windows
      Mobile programming, but Yahoo Group management goes beyond my abilities!
      Thanks for letting me know!)

      Greetings,

      I'm taking some abuse from my son about what the up/+ and down/- should
      do with respect to zooming the map, so I'm throwing it out to the group
      to help me make the client mostly intuitive for most of the people.
      Things I'd like you to consider before voting are:

      Showing more or less map area
      Showing more or less map detail
      Showing more or fewer stations

      Notice how I'm NOT using the word zoom in these, because there are no
      "in" or "out" keys on the keyboard. What does in and out mean anyway?
      So, the poll link below asks what the Up/+ should do. Give me your
      group opinion and I'll make it so.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE
    • David Shrum
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2009
        My reason for voting for the "+" to 'zoom' in to show more details is partly
        based on the way the http://aprs.fi/?call=n8pu-12 works, or Google Earth,
        the "+" plus button brings the map in for more detail, sort of like getting
        right down to street level, as opposed to looking down from a plane or
        something that is way up in the sky; just my two cents on that.
        Dave N8PU