Re: [aprsisce] prefetch

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010
      Robin Williams wrote:
      > With the prefetched files.
      > Are they able to be shared with other people.
      > eg Will the program reccognise them if you just fire them into someone
      > elses tiles folder.

      Yep, you can prefetch on one machine, lift a copy of the OSMTiles
      directory tree (or whatever you called it) and drop it onto another
      machine wherever their configuration is looking for the tiles. You can
      even pre-fetch on your desktop and drop it all onto your mobile phone if
      you have a way to preserve the directory/file hierarchy!

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
    • Robin Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010
        Thanks Lynn,
        I thought you were going to bed.
        Robin.

        > Are they able to be shared with other people.
        > eg Will the program reccognise them if you just fire them into someone
        > elses tiles folder.

        Yep, you can prefetch on one machine, lift a copy of the OSMTiles directory
        tree (or whatever you called it) and drop it onto another machine wherever
        their configuration is looking for the tiles. You can even pre-fetch on
        your desktop and drop it all onto your mobile phone if you have a way to
        preserve the directory/file hierarchy!

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      • Jerome Lofton
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010

          Good work ... now, get some sleep, guys ;-)

          73
          Jerome
          WD4CWG