Prefetch is Fixed

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2010
      Oh, one more thing that I forgot I did earlier today. I was out driving
      and tested out the map Prefetch on my phone under Windows Mobile. I was
      disappointed to discover that the prefetch queue flushed itself the
      instant I moved. (You can see the queue working by watching the
      expanding yellow circle or double-clicking on an empty map space).
      Well, when I got home I checked into it and found that the client
      thought the map moved enough to invalidate the normal prefetch that it
      does and the manually requested prefetch looked the same.

      To make a long story short, manually requested map prefetches (View /
      Map / Prefetch) will now run to completion. You can even drag the map
      around and queue up a few more prefetches and then walk away while the
      tiles download. This should make it easier to build up a local cache of
      map details before going offline.

      I'm looking forward to using this on my Tilt when I go to Spain in
      June. I'll preload the details for the whole country and will be able
      to use APRSISCE in a fully offline mode (I'm not paying International
      Roaming) to track me locally. If it works out right, I might be
      bringing my Alinco DR-135/T2-135 tracker with me (including the Nuvi
      350) so I might even be RF tracking! Only time will tell.

      Anyway, that's another fix that's in this morning's release. Download
      2010/02/11's release when you get a chance.